You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
orlando area job market
Started by Dred Pirate
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I can only imagine that the perpetually chipper behaviors of Walt Disney World employees is pharmaceutically-driven...there should be lots of community pharmacist jobs.
Gotta give them that pixie dust
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thanks - I saw they had several jobs posted - even in emergency med - might be looking there in the next year or so. Just curious as to if it is considered saturated or averageFlorida hospital would hire you. Massive expansion there as of late.
Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
Funny you mention south Florida, because it has been my perception that the market is getting a lot better here based on the number of job postings I've seen. However, I haven't been applying to jobs so who knows what it's really like on the ground. I know our new hires are actually being offered several more dollars per hour than a few years ago, which surprised me a lot. The pay is still below national average though.
Other than Florida Hospital and Orlando Health - are there any other hospital/hospital systems in the area? I guess there is the VA as well..
the denied my application in less than 48 hours - ouch!!!Florida Hospital has expanded their Pharmacy network by quite a bit in recent years.
They'll hire you.
and I have a good resume - I would hire me? 🙂
...
Last edited:
D
deleted205891
I wouldn't want to be within a couple hundred miles of Orlando right now. 🙁
Can't stop living your life because something like that happens.
Honestly Orlando traffic sucks. When I interviewed there, it took me 35 minutes to drive 9 miles to my hotel.
That was a deal breaker for me.
Did you get on I4? Rookie mistake, avoid I4 at all costs. I hate I4 so much.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you get on I4? Rookie mistake, avoid I4 at all costs. I hate I4 so much.
Yup, I have learned my lesson.
Can't stop living your life because something like that happens.
I know that.
Did you get on I4? Rookie mistake, avoid I4 at all costs. I hate I4 so much.
The pros make that mistake too.
Never ever bet on I4.
the denied my application in less than 48 hours - ouch!!!
and I have a good resume - I would hire me? 🙂
That's surprising. Just from reading some of your posts I can tell your highly qualified. I do not know where you would be moving from. Most likely, they thought they could not afford you OR if you were to take their offer, you would just be waiting for the next shinier penny. The latter is true for most people who take an offer that involves relocation.
Here is cool CNN link that calculates comparable salaries in most cities. I am relocating, as well and it seems pretty accurate.
http://money.cnn.com/calculator/pf/cost-of-living/
bump. im looking to relocate to the Orlando area as well and wondering what the market is like. OP did you ever move there or find a job?
I did get an offer - a pretty good one - clinc spec joh at one of tho big guys- good pay (~60/hr), but just wasn't feeling the area so I didn't take the offer,bump. im looking to relocate to the Orlando area as well and wondering what the market is like. OP did you ever move there or find a job?
12 - no residencyHow many years of experience you have?
don't over think it - just "Dear Hiring Manager"@Dred Pirate I hope this isn't a stupid question, but who do you write the cover letter to if you are just uploading it to the online application website? I've only ever done cover letters via email if I know the name of the hiring manager.
Do you open with "To whom it may concern:"?
Hmm. Orlando seems to pay better than South Florida. What a joke.. it's way more expensive down there, and they start new pharmacists off in the mid $40/hr range. Even with your experience I doubt you could get $60/hr. I wish I didn't love that iguana infested place so much.I did get an offer - a pretty good one - clinc spec joh at one of tho big guys- good pay (~60/hr), but just wasn't feeling the area so I didn't take the offer,
cost of living doesn't affect pharmacy wages so much - demand does - go to NYC - you make a lot less than just about everywhere,Hmm. Orlando seems to pay better than South Florida. What a joke.. it's way more expensive down there, and they start new pharmacists off in the mid $40/hr range. Even with your experience I doubt you could get $60/hr. I wish I didn't love that iguana infested place so much.
Heck my first job was in BFE and I made upper 40's per hour 12 years ago as a new grad - and you could buy the nicest house in town for 160k