ORM / 509 / 3.04 cGPA / 2.94 sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AvsPearTree

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
State of Residence: FL
Ties to other States/Regions: MD
URM: No
Year in School: 2015
Undergraduate Major: Chemistry
Cumulative GPA: 3.04 (includes postbacc)
Science GPA: AMCAS 2.75, AACOMAS 2.92 (includes postbacc)
Post Bac GPA: 3.75 (64 credit hours of DIY science undergrad courses 200-400 level)
MCAT Score: 1st score - 505, retake - 509
Research Experience: undergrad research
Clinical Experience: hospice 265hrs
Physician Shadowing: 100 hours FM, 40 hours EM
Non-Clinical Volunteering: food bank 400hrs
Other Extracurricular Activities: None
Other Employment History: Military
Immediate family members in medicine: Yes
Specialty of Interest: IM, FM
Interest in Primary Care: Yes
Interest in Rural Health: No
Medical School List:
MD:
Drexel
Florida International
Hackensack Meridian
Lewis Katz
Loyola
Rush
Sidney Kimmel
USUHS
University of Maryland
University of Wisconsin
DO:
PCOM PA/GA
Rowan
CCOM
NYITCOM
Touro NY
LECOM

Members don't see this ad.

Maryland and U Wisconsin are state public schools that admit very few non residents with your stats. You could add Florida State for MD. You should apply more broadly to DO schools and I suggest adding these:
ACOM
WCU-COM
NYIT-AR
UIWSOM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
MU-COM
LMU-DCOM
Noorda-COM
LUCOM
BCOM

Maryland and U Wisconsin are state public schools that admit very few non residents with your stats. You could add Florida State for MD. You should apply more broadly to DO schools and I suggest adding these:
ACOM
WCU-COM
NYIT-AR
UIWSOM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
MU-COM
LMU-DCOM
Noorda-COM
LUCOM
BCOM
Thank you very much for the input! The only reason I considered Maryland is the fact that I have lived in Maryland for two years now, my wife is a Maryland resident currently, and we own a house here (I'm still a Florida resident due to the military). I wasn't sure if that could be considered enough of a tie to the state.

Do you believe my MD choices are acceptable besides those two you mentioned?

Thank you very much for the input! The only reason I considered Maryland is the fact that I have lived in Maryland for two years now, my wife is a Maryland resident currently, and we own a house here (I'm still a Florida resident due to the military). I wasn't sure if that could be considered enough of a tie to the state.

Do you believe my MD choices are acceptable besides those two you mentioned?
Yes. You could add some of the others Florida schools such as Florida Atlantic, Central Florida and NOVA MD.