Ortho Audition Season

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Less than two months till orthopedic surgery auditions! Please feel free to post here or PM me with any questions regarding auditions. Below is a quick list of good resources for auditioning ortho medical students:

1. Survivor Series: Orthopedics
-This is a great beginner book that gives you a solid foundation to start building your knowledge. It focuses on the basics. Recommend reading this book 2x before starting if possible. Here is a link to the book on Amazon: Amazon product

2. www.nailfractureconference.com
-This is a new website that launched a few months ago that was developed to help auditioners learn how to read fracture radiographs and navigate fracture conferences on auditions. There are currently over 140 xrays, 190 common follow-up (pimp) questions, and 140 multiple-choice questions. They are adding more PowerPoints over the next few weeks including a "tips and tricks" section for auditions. Really wish this was available when I went through as fracture conference is a huge part of auditions and how students are evaluated. Here is a link to the website and Instagram:
www.nailfractureconference.com
IG: nail_fracture_conference

-ANATOMY, ANATOMY, ANATOMY

If you can get through the three above sources 2x before you start, you will be in a great position.

Below are other sources that would use after you have mastered the Survivor Series and fracture conference website:

4. Orthobullets.com (focus on the trauma section here and learning classifications).
5. Netter's anatomy (need to know anatomy for ALL cases)
6. PocketPimped (a great resource for cases. Read the associated questions for your case)

If you focus on these resources as well as prepping for cases, you will be well prepared! Please let me know if you have any questions!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users