ortho GRE percentile ?

Started by DVA1990
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DVA1990

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone. I am looking to apply to ortho this upcoming cycle. I just took the GRE and thought my scores were OK/fine enough to apply.....but when i got the score report back my 156 quant was 39th percentile??? I am feeling pretty stressed over this - but not sure if I have enough time or if I should take again. For reference, my verbal score was 158 (77 percentile) and my writing was a 4.

I feel stressed because I have had friends who matched into ortho with lower scores (like verbal was in the upper 140's) and they still matched into a great 3 year program.

Looking for advice - thank you
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmm I think I had around your numerical score but that year I was in the 50th percentile. I would venture to say you'll be okay. Most programs use it as a gate keeping tool to weed out those that want to do ortho but avoid taking the GRE. To me-it's like paying the fee for an application. It's not fun but you do it to submit an app essentially. Your class rank, research will weigh more.