**Official 2027 Ortho Pass/Interviews/Match/Non-match**

Started by kb25_
Tags Tags
ortho pass
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kb25_

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck everyone!


This is the list from last year :
1. 8/10/25 (email) Iowa, Interview 9/19 with a social on 9/18
2. 8/19/25 (email) Seton Hill, Interview on 9/12 with a social on 9/11
3. 8/22/25 (email) UIC, Interview dates 10/1,10/2,10/3 with socials 10/1 or 10/2
4. 8/26/25 (email) CTOR Academy, Interview 9/18/25, with social on 9/17/25
5. 8/27/25 (email) Indiana, Interview dates 10/6, 10/7, with social on 10/6
6. 9/2/25 (email) Nebraska, Interview dates 9/25 or 9/26, with social on 9/24 or 9/25
7. 9/2/25 (email) Colorado for 10/2, 10/3 and 10/6 dates with social on 10/2
8. 9/3/25 (email) Tufts, Interview dates 10/8, 10/9, 10/10, with social on 10/7, 10/8, 10/9
9. 9/3/25 (email) LSU, Interview dates 10/16 or 10/17 with social on 10/16
10. 9/3/25 (email) Houston, Interview dates 10/16 or 10/17 with social on 10/15 or 10/16
11. 9/4/25 (email) UAB, Interview dates 10/16 or 10/17
12. 9/5/25 (email) Tufts (second round), Interview dates 10/8, 10/9, 10/10, with social on 10/7, 10/8, 10/9
13. 9/5/25 (email) BU (Boston), Interview dates 9/31, 10/3 or 10/4 with social on 10/3
14. 9/8/25 (email) Harvard, Interview dates 10/17 with social 10/16
15. 9/8/25 (phone call) Tennessee, Interview dates 10/10 or 10/13, with social on 10/09 or 10/12
16. 9/8/25 (email) Rochester, Interview dates September 25-October 30, with social on the same day
17. 9/9/25 (email) Case Western, Interview dates 10/29 pm or 10/30 am, with social on 10/29
18. 9/9/25 (email) Saint Louis, Interview dates 10/9, 10/10, 10/14, or 10/15 with socials on 10/8, 10/9, 10/13, or 10/14
19. 9/9/25 (email) OHSU, Interview dates 10/10 or 10/13 with social on 10/9 or 10/12
20. 9/10/25 (email) Montefiore, Interview dates 10/14 and 10/16
21. 9/10/25 (call) Loma Linda, Interview dates 10/6 and 10/7
22. 9/11/25 (call) UNC, Interview dates 10/6 and 10/7
23. 9/11/25 (call) Michigan, Interview dates 10/6 or 10/13 with socials on 10/5 or 10/12
24. 9/12/25 (call) Texas A&M, Interview dates 10/21,10/22,10/23
25. 9/15/25 (email) OSU, Interview date 10/20 with social on 10/19
26. 9/15/25 (email) UMKC, Interview date 10/20 with social on 10/19
27. 9/15/25 (phone call) UCLA, Interview date 10/08 with social on 10/07
28. 9/16/25 (email) UF, Interview date 10/13 with social on 10/12
29. 9/16/25 (email) Nova, Interview date 10/23
30. 9/16/25 (email) Pittsburgh, Interview date- 10/17, social on 10/16
31. 9/16/25 (email) MUSC, interview date 10/16 or 10/17, social on 10/16
32. 9/17/25 (email) SIU, Interview date - 10/24
33. 9/17/25 (email) ASDOH, Interview dates 10/13 or 10/14
34. 9/17/25 (email) Louisville, Interview dates 10/16 or 10/17 with a social the night before
35. 9/19/25 (email) Rutgers, Interview dates 10/16 or 10/17 with social the night before
36. 9/19/25 (phone call) UoP, Interview date 10/13 & 10/14 with social on 10/12
37. 9/19/25 (email) NYU will be sending invites on 10/3 for interview dates of 11/6 or 11/7
38. 9/20/25 (email) Washington, Interview date 10/13 with social on 10/12
39. 9/22/25 (call) Albert Einstein Medical Center, interview date 10/22
40. 9/22/25 (email) Columbia Interview dates 10/20, 10/21 with social the week before
41. 9/23/25 (email) Saint Barnabas, interview date 10/15 or 10/16, Social on 10/15
42. 9/23/25 (email) Temple, Interview dates 10/26 or 11/3 with socials the night before
43. 9/23/25 (email) UCSF, Interview date 10/14 with social the evening of 10/13
44. 9/24/25 (email) UNLV, Interview date 10/13 or 10/14 with social 10/13
45. 9/24/25 (email) Maryland, Interview date 10/30 with social the night before
46. 9/24/25 (email) VCU, Interview date 10/23 full day and 10/24 half day
47. 9/24/25 (phone call) BronxCare, Interview date 10/15 AM or 10/16 AM/PM
48. 9/24/25 (email) Maimonides, Interview date 11/04
49. 9/25/25 (email) West Virginia, interview date 10/27, social 10/26
50. 9/25/25 (call) Roseman, interview date 10/22 or 10/23, social 10/22 PM
51. 9/25/25 (email) University of Detroit Mercy, interview date 11/6 or 11/7
52. 9/26/25 (email) University of Buffalo: Interview date 10/24 or 10/27
53. 9/26/25 (email) University of Minnesota: Interview date 10/20 social the day before
54. 9/29/25 (email) Stony Brook: Interview date 10/23, social 10/22
55. 9/29/25 (email) Touro College of Dental Medicine: Interview dates 10/23 or 10/30 with socials the night before
56. 9/30/25 (email) University of Minnesota (second batch): Interview date 10/20 with social 10/19
57. 9/30/25 (email) Georgia School of Orthodontics, Interview Dates 10/6-10/10 virtual
58. 10/01/25 (email) NYU, interview date 11/7, with social night before
59. 10/01/25 (email) Upenn, interview dates 10/21 or 10/29 with social the night before
60. 10/02/25 (email) Marquette, interview dates Oct 20, Oct 21, Oct 22
61. 10/02/25 (email) UConn, interview dates 10/29 or 10/30 with socials the night before
62. 10/03/25 (email) University of Kentucky, interview date 10/31 with social the night before
63. 10/07/25 (email) UT San Antonio, interview date 11/03, 11/04 with social night before
64. 10/8/25 (phone call) Medstar Washington Hospital Center, interview date 10/25 with social the night before.
65. 10/8/25 (email) University of Western Ontario, interview date Oct 29th
66. 10/9/25 (email) University of Toronto, interview date Oct 24th
67. 10/9/25 (email) JU, interview 10/20 or 10/21 with social 10/19
68. 10/12/25 (email) USC, interview 11/3 with social 11/2
69. 10/22/25 (email) Howard, Interview 11/5 Online
AIDM interview invite for 4/17 zoom (first round), 5/8 in person (second round if invited after zoom)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How important is it to have actual orthodontic clinical experience beyond just shadowing? My application is strong everywhere else. I'm a practicing dentist and I've been trying hard to get into an orthodontic office (some orthodontists of whom are friends) to offer to volunteer in any way clinically, but it just hasn't been working out for various reasons. Thanks and good luck everyone!
 
Heads up for all those applying to Oklahoma - the graduate college just revamped all of the websites and made the orthodontics page very generic and unhelpful. They are working on changing it back to useful information but here is what you need to know: the entire application is on PASS and you must register for Match, no further action is needed. In the past a separate supplemental was needed but all extra questions have been moved to the PASS website
 
Is anyone aware of the stipend or tuition for the program at Northwell? What is the program like, is there call? Couldn’t find other info on it other than what’s on PASS
 
Hello, when is it considered a good time to submit PASS? I was looking at last cycle's thread and there were some schools who sent out interviews before the deadline.
 
Anyone know any programs that require 5 PEFs (not including the institutional eval) or are most just asking for max 4?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone here applied to UCLA as a Canadian citizen (non US citizen/permanent resident)? Sometimes Canadians are considered domestic and therefore I'm curious if they're eligible for domestic tuition and stipend. Thanks!
 
Looking for advice - it seems like not all school require official GRE scores to be sent? But the websites aren't super clear.... Specifically, Stony Brook's & Maryland's website & ADEA PASS say nothing about it....

Are you guys sending official GRE scores anyways? I would just hate to waste $40 if its not required.

Also, does Pitt require the GRE and ADAT??? that seems so silly
 
Looking for advice - it seems like not all school require official GRE scores to be sent? But the websites aren't super clear.... Specifically, Stony Brook's & Maryland's website & ADEA PASS say nothing about it....

Are you guys sending official GRE scores anyways? I would just hate to waste $40 if its not required.

Also, does Pitt require the GRE and ADAT??? that seems so silly
I do not think Pitt requires both, as the website says all exams need to be submitted (NBDE Pt1/2, TOEFL, etc) but I don't know for sure!

As for GRE scores, my personal approach is to wait for them to email me if they need it unless it clearly says to mail official. Maryland I don't think we need to.
 
Does anyone know average GRE score? What if you have been practicing for over four years since dental school?
 
Does anyone know average GRE score? What if you have been practicing for over four years since dental school?
From my knowledge, GRE for some schools is a bigger deal than other schools. For some schools, its just a requirement. But other schools want a certain score. I would say 50th percentile on each section is good enough.
 
Does anyone know average GRE score? What if you have been practicing for over four years since dental school?
Look at the previous forms - 2026, 2025, etc. People post their scores, rank, ECs, AEGD, etc., and the number of interviews they have had.
 
Does anyone know if we need to resubmit official GRE score reports to programs if we are re-applying this cycle? I am using the same score so wondering if I need to pay $40 again per school that requires the official report.
 
Depends on the program and the only way to find out is to contact them individually. I've asked about the GRE reports about 2-3 times and they all said just uploading to PASS is fine (they didn't even need the official report in the first place). I'd personally err on saving some money!
 
Hey everyone, wondering if anyone can help with the following questions? I've emailed the admin members to all of these places and can't get any answers. Thanks in advance!
- For St. Barnabas Hospital PASS application:
- There's a place to upload official DAT scores. Is this actually referring to the DAT scores required to get into dental school, or ADAT scores? If ADAT, is this a required component of the application?
- Sending a check for $100 USD to Lydia Pagan via mail. Is there actually no other way to pay for this? I'm applying from Canada so the exchange rate varies and mailing a check to the program may not be super straightforward.
- For Howard University application:
- Is a full or student licence required?
- Is there a stipend?
- For University of North Carolina application:
- Is there a supplemental application? If so, how do I access it?
- For Medical University of South Carolina application:
- Is there a supplemental application? If so, how do I access it?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

How long after we take the GRE test are the scores available, based on your personal experience? I know the website says 7-10 days. I have yet to submit my ADEA PASS application, and I also want to know how long ETS takes to send the scores to individual schools like Indiana or Iowa after we place the request on the ETS website. I am scared that I will miss the August 1 deadline.

Thanks for your help.
 
Hello everyone,

How long after we take the GRE test are the scores available, based on your personal experience? I know the website says 7-10 days. I have yet to submit my ADEA PASS application, and I also want to know how long ETS takes to send the scores to individual schools like Indiana or Iowa after we place the request on the ETS website. I am scared that I will miss the August 1 deadline.

Thanks for your help.
It took about a week for me to get my scores. I think they’re sent very fast. You’re fine.
 
Does no response from a program usually mean that the application is complete/they do not need anything else from us?
 
Does anyone know anything about El Paso’s program? When is it starting? I had heard they would open their applications this cycle but I can’t find anything about it.
 
Does anyone know anything about El Paso’s program? When is it starting? I had heard they would open their applications this cycle but I can’t find anything about it.
I don't think they are opening until next year or the following year. Not 100% confident though
 
Does anyone know if it is fine to send GRE scores before application is submitted? Also, I am planning on applying my mid-end of July, am I late??
 
1. 7/15/26 (email) University of Oklahoma, Interview dates 11/25 or 10/2 with social on 11/24 or 10/1
 
Last edited:
Which residency programs send a confirmation email or request supplemental applications/documents after you submit your ADEA PASS application? Which schools have reached out to you after submission?
 
Which residency programs send a confirmation email or request supplemental applications/documents after you submit your ADEA PASS application? Which schools have reached out to you after submission?
Here are the ones I have not heard back from: Lousinana State, UNC, Indiana, UNLV, UCLA, UMKC, WVU, and Howard
 
Which residency programs send a confirmation email or request supplemental applications/documents after you submit your ADEA PASS application? Which schools have reached out to you after submission?
I have received email confirmations from :
- South Carolina
- Indiana
- maryland
- Louisville
- Buffalo
- University of Florida
- VCU
- Tennessee
- West Virginia
- Illinois Chicago
- NOVA
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone! First time applicant and submitted by pass application last week. Was curious about how fast schools will reach out regarding secondary applications or even confirmation they received the application?