orthograph projections ?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HurricaneAlana

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok. i've begun studying for the DAT (i'll be taking it in July).. I am okay with the AA portion... and PAT portion is still very weak for me, but I understand how to go about figuring out most of the sections (i just need to work on timing)

I am NOT getting the orthograph projections... can someone post any tips? i've tried looking at the animations on achiever, i don't really see it... i can figure out where the lines should be, i just cant tell if they should make a circle/square/triangle, or how dotted/solid lines translate into a different view. I would greatly appreciate any advice!!

(and yes.. is searched it, but couldn't find anything, other than saying to practice and look at animations... if someone could point me in the right direction, that would be very helpful)

Thank you - Alana

Members don't see this ad.

ok. i've begun studying for the DAT (i'll be taking it in July).. I am okay with the AA portion... and PAT portion is still very weak for me, but I understand how to go about figuring out most of the sections (i just need to work on timing)

I am NOT getting the orthograph projections... can someone post any tips? i've tried looking at the animations on achiever, i don't really see it... i can figure out where the lines should be, i just cant tell if they should make a circle/square/triangle, or how dotted/solid lines translate into a different view. I would greatly appreciate any advice!!

(and yes.. is searched it, but couldn't find anything, other than saying to practice and look at animations... if someone could point me in the right direction, that would be very helpful)

Thank you - Alana

i heard the barron's book for dat breaks pat down pretty good. I bought mine for like 15 bucks!
-ld

yeah the top-front-end ones were difficult in the beginning for me too, but i think that the best way to do it is to do a BUNCH of these and really take your time to look at the answers and consider every option. base your choices on one characteristic, and eliminate it from there. if you want to get really good, pick another characteristic and do it as if you didn't even eliminate any of the previous choices. speed will come later. kaplan has quite a few tests on these (the .pdf ones that people get when they take their classroom/online course) so maybe you can swipe some from people.

i don't know if that helps any, but if you need any PAT help, you can PM me or AIM me or gmail me or something.