Osler ranked to match email?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EggPLANTman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard they don't usually send these out, but I saw one person in another thread say they got an email from the PD this week...anyone else? I really want to go there, and I've sent some emails saying so, but haven't heard anything from them at all...

Also, to RunningMan: Was your ranked to match email out of the blue, or did you tell them you wanted to stay beforehand?

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard they don't usually send these out, but I saw one person in another thread say they got an email from the PD this week...anyone else? I really want to go there, and I've sent some emails saying so, but haven't heard anything from them at all...

Also, to RunningMan: Was your ranked to match email out of the blue, or did you tell them you wanted to stay beforehand?
yea, i got one this week as well. out of the blue. regardless, since you go there, im sure you have a leg up on all of us. good luck and hope you get to stay. my advice - go meet with desai?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I thought the not filling last year issue was with Hopkins/Bayview, not Osler?

Since it is a top tier program it likely has not had to play these games in the past, but given that they did not fill their spots last year I'm guessing the PD is not taking any chances this year.

I think you are confusing The Osler program with the Hopkins' urban health program. Osler filled.

Last year, I got a positive email reply from the incoming PD, but nothing explicitly saying "ranked to match". No idea what that meant then or what it means now. Somehow I still doubt I'd have matched there had I wanted to.

Try not to overthink it.

Hopkins Urban Health didn't fill the first year it launched. Hopkins-Osler and Bayview filled. This type of data is out there on the web somewhere of how many spots were available and how many filled. The biggest names not filling in the past 5 years would probably be Duke, Maryland and Emory. Programs are as scared to go unfilled as applicants are to not match hence the game. If you interviewed at a program they obviously are considering you highly unless your dad is on the board of trustees and got you the interview. Then they are definitely taking you. Alright that was cynical but seriously if you don't get a note from a PD it may make you anxious but doesn't mean you can't go there.

It was unsolicited.

Hey runningman, what are your thoughts on your home institution? Any thoughts on staying? Context, an applicant that got similar interviews but loved UNC