osteopathic interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

Shell

I received my letter from an osteopathic school I interviewed at in December. I am on the alternate list. Even though I interviewed in the first interviewing session, and they said that the people interivewing that day bypassed 90% of the applications they received so far I am still worried. Does anyone have info. on my chances of being picked of the list, or, I would like to hear from alternates who got into their respected osteopathic schools.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Would the school be PCSOM? If so, I know of about 5 people in my class who made it off the waitlist. There could possibly be more. One found out during orientation week! Do you know any students at this school? If so, have them write you a letter to Mr. Payson if possible. Good luck.

Hey, PCSOM-man...

On a truly selfish note, do you know what's happening there admissions-wise? I've been awaiting an interview invite for a while, assuming I get one.

And to the original poster, getting put on the waitlist after interviewing in the first interview cycle would seem to lead to a couple of good thoughts:

1) You're likely high up on the list, which is OK, and 2) it seems you're somebody they'd LIKE to keep if possible; they didn't reject you outright, so they think you can "hang with them," so to speak.

I'm not trying to get your hopes up but those are the first things to pop into my mind when I read your post.

Continued good luck to all...

Wheels

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are from Eastern Kentucky, you are nearly assured of an interview here, but not an acceptance. I have heard Mr. Payson state on numerous occasion that he would like to interview every applicant from Kentucky if possible because of the state's commitment to provide scholarships for primary care oriented students. The school only does something like seven interview sessions. I think the second one was today. Where you late turning in your application? (Please post when you turned it in) If not, the admissions people could just be backed up right now. Wish I could help more.

Hey there...

Yeah, PSCOMstudent, you bring up a good point; I only received confirmation that my application was complete about 3-4 weeks ago. I thought that would be time enough to warrant an interview invitation, but that might be a little ambitious. I guess I'll just keep checking the mailbox. And yeah, I'm DEFINITELY from Eastern KY.

Seriously, thanks for the reply.

And as always, continued good luck to all in their quests, medical and otherwise.

Wheels