Osteopathic medical schools GPA calculation

Started by randn3666
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

randn3666

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I am interested in applying to osteopathic medical schools and was trying to calculate my GPA according to AACOMAS. I graduated from University of Wisconsin-Madison and this is the grading system they used: A, AB, B, BC, C, D, F. I am not sure how an AB would factor into the GPA. Would it be an A- or B+? I spoke with an admissions representative from PCOM and she responded with "We relay on AACOMAS to calculate GPA and to tell us if courses meet requirement.". That did not help me at all and I am wondering if anyone knows how medical schools calculate GPA with grades like AB and BC? Thank you.
 
Hi everyone,

I am interested in applying to osteopathic medical schools and was trying to calculate my GPA according to AACOMAS. I graduated from University of Wisconsin-Madison and this is the grading system they used: A, AB, B, BC, C, D, F. I am not sure how an AB would factor into the GPA. Would it be an A- or B+? I spoke with an admissions representative from PCOM and she responded with "We relay on AACOMAS to calculate GPA and to tell us if courses meet requirement.". That did not help me at all and I am wondering if anyone knows how medical schools calculate GPA with grades like AB and BC? Thank you.

why did you go to that school...