Osteopathic Radiologist Shadowing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BC7986

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have some osteopathic interviews coming up, the bulk of my osteopathic experience comes from my PCP of 3 years. I recently started shadowing a DO Radiologist, do you believe this is something I should mention in my interview? I was worried about not having direct DO shadowing, which is why I started this. My application as a whole has a focus on community and preventative medicine, so this shadowing experience is a little off the map.

Members don't see this ad.

Any extra experience with osteopathy and more exposure are always good things. Have fun!

I agree with the osteopathic exposure, but a DO radiologist? you are not going to get a good osteopathic experience with a radiologist. How could anything osteopathic come up? MD and DOs would be indistinguishable in that field, I would think. can you get in with a primary care physician?

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with the osteopathic exposure, but a DO radiologist? you are not going to get a good osteopathic experience with a radiologist. How could anything osteopathic come up? MD and DOs would be indistinguishable in that field, I would think. can you get in with a primary care physician?

I would disagree. You never really know. I started shadowing a DO Anesthesiologist a few months ago and after going a few times she invited me to shadow her at CCOM where she helps teach OMT lab. Turns out she was an OM Fellow. Long story short, i have learned an immense amount about osteopathy from her. It doesn't hurt that she introduced me to a lot of people while i was at CCOM though either.

OP, i agree with TallScrubs. Any DO experience is good experience.

firefighter, good point, but keep in mind that your experience is an exception. I would hope you agree that you are more likely to get a better osteopathic experience in something like FM, PM&R, etc rather than something like radiology