Osteopathic Schools with Silent Rejections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOCMom84

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering which Osteopathic schools have silent rejections as in being ghosted after submitting a secondary

Members don't see this ad.

For me, LECOM never changed my status or contacted me with an update after putting me under review. This is the only one I had this experience with, but I only ended up submitting secondaries to about 6-7 schools. VCOM sent me an email in late April saying I wouldn’t be receiving an interview so that was pretty late notice.

Reactions: 1 users
VCOM and KYCOM ghosted me 2 years ago

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For me, LECOM never changed my status or contacted me with an update after putting me under review.

Same, next contact I got was end of cycle. Both LECOMS. [post secondary, pre-interview]

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Post-secondary, pre-interview hold is brutal. Up there with Waitlist+NoAcceptance.

LECOM and KYCOM. Maddening. Throwing $$$ into a hole.

I liked it when schools gave me silent rejections because that was really their way of saying “we don’t give a **** about students.” It made me feel good to know that I didn’t waste time interviewing at these schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Wouldn’t apply to KYCOM unless I had a gun against my head. Probably the lowest fathoming do school in country. I remmeber my interview there lol it was a joke and joke of a redneck town

PCOM PA, NYIT

Idk, I withdrew my PCOM application (long story short, after I’d already been accepted at another DO school in November, I checked my PCOM portal in December only to see that they reported not to have received my secondary application fee; emailed them with my bank/credit card statement and their email receipt showing I had paid it; they refused to admit I had paid the fee; I told them to check with the bursar; they told me “we didn’t get it” again; so I emailed PCOM telling them that I did a chargeback with their email as proof that they never received my application fee and withdrew my app; after which they emailed me “oh, never mind, we actually did get it.”) LOL

Then they hit me with NOT ONE but TWO rejection emails 4 months later at the end of April.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users