OSU academic remediation experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wheresthepie

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

This is my first semester of vet school at OSU and I lost my best friend mid semester. I was delayed on taking multiple exams at the time and have worked to try and catch up but it is unlikely I will pass the main course for our curriculum, our version of healthy anatomy and physiology year 1.

I am on track to pass the other courses in our curriculum.

Has anyone at Ohio State dealt with failing a course, remediation exams, or possibly having to retake a whole semester/year? I will do everything in my power not to be academically dismissed, but I just don't know what is in store.

If anyone has been through this or has experience with the program and similar situations, please message me or comment.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

This is my first semester of vet school at OSU and I lost my best friend mid semester. I was delayed on taking multiple exams at the time and have worked to try and catch up but it is unlikely I will pass the main course for our curriculum, our version of healthy anatomy and physiology year 1.

I am on track to pass the other courses in our curriculum.

Has anyone at Ohio State dealt with failing a course, remediation exams, or possibly having to retake a whole semester/year? I will do everything in my power not to be academically dismissed, but I just don't know what is in store.

If anyone has been through this or has experience with the program and similar situations, please message me or comment.
I don't have any experience with this and am not involved with OSU's didactic curriculum, but I just wanted to let you know that if you ever need a friendly ear to listen or a shoulder to cry on, my office is on the way to the SAOP lab and I always have snacks and small stuffed toys that are good stress balls. Hang in there.
 
Hello,

This is my first semester of vet school at OSU and I lost my best friend mid semester. I was delayed on taking multiple exams at the time and have worked to try and catch up but it is unlikely I will pass the main course for our curriculum, our version of healthy anatomy and physiology year 1.

I am on track to pass the other courses in our curriculum.

Has anyone at Ohio State dealt with failing a course, remediation exams, or possibly having to retake a whole semester/year? I will do everything in my power not to be academically dismissed, but I just don't know what is in store.

If anyone has been through this or has experience with the program and similar situations, please message me or comment.
OSU student here, personally i’ve never had to deal with this issue but one of my friends did. For now, I would wait until final grades are released (should be Friday). If it turns out that you weren’t able to pass HA, you should get an email asking you to write an essay as to why you failed. If the board decides it’s a reasonable explanation, they will grant you a supplemental for the exam you failed. Keep in mind though, if you have failed multiple exams you will probably have to take a supplemental for each failing grade. We have a max of 4 supplementals for all 4 years of course learning. If you don’t hear back from course leads/caroline within the next week, I would contact them directly. Best of luck and I hope your next semester goes better :-(

** Forgot to add that supplementals are usually taken in January prior to the start of spring semester so they will really make you wait up until the next semester begins to know if you get to continue or attend or retake the semester next year 🙃