OSU-COM Discussion Thread 2009-2010

Started by Phlame217
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How late can we get called? Anyone know?

Seems pretty common for people to get calls around 4:00 or 4:30, but that's assuming that they always start calling at 3:00 and they have just as many people to call now as they did then.

Oh the agony.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know right, but its their style and there is nothing we can do about it haha. Are they only calling today? Is it safe to say that if no call today then expect a letter?
 
I know right, but its their style and there is nothing we can do about it haha. Are they only calling today? Is it safe to say that if no call today then expect a letter?

I guess so, unless they divide up the calls between two days. I don't see why they would.
 
I just got a phone call about being accepted about 30 minutes ago! I am so excited. 🙂 I interviewed back on Nov. 30th; I didn't think they'd accept me at all by now. Now I just can't wait for the envelope to come in.
 
I just got a phone call about being accepted about 30 minutes ago! I am so excited. 🙂 I interviewed back on Nov. 30th; I didn't think they'd accept me at all by now. Now I just can't wait for the envelope to come in.

Congrats. Hopefully they'll keep coming, but I'd assume they're over by now.
 
I just got a phone call about being accepted about 30 minutes ago! I am so excited. 🙂 I interviewed back on Nov. 30th; I didn't think they'd accept me at all by now. Now I just can't wait for the envelope to come in.

Congrats! That is awesome. Are you in state or oos?
 
This is so emotionally draining. My Spring Break starts tomorrow and chances are I'm not going to enjoy it whatsoever.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got a phone call about being accepted about 30 minutes ago! I am so excited. 🙂 I interviewed back on Nov. 30th; I didn't think they'd accept me at all by now. Now I just can't wait for the envelope to come in.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I interviewed that same day, I take it you were the girl from Arkansas/Russia?
 
For those of you that didn't get a call, don't lose hope.

I interviewed with "ttjones" and I remember seeing him post we he got the call and my stomach just dropped, but a few weeks later when I was least expecting it I got the call.

The waitlist is gonna move alot in the next few months, so being waitlisted is not at all a bad thing.
 
For those of you that didn't get a call, don't lose hope.

I interviewed with "ttjones" and I remember seeing him post we he got the call and my stomach just dropped, but a few weeks later when I was least expecting it I got the call.

The waitlist is gonna move alot in the next few months, so being waitlisted is not at all a bad thing.

I've been waitlisted before, at OU. I don't mind being waitlisted again. That said, I wish I knew if I was waitlisted or rejected.
 
Calls still coming tomorrow I bet, esp with only 2 ppl on here saying they got calls. And letters of waitlist/rejection usually by the following Tuesday.

I got in off the waitlist - so dont fret, sometimes they want to see more stuff from you if you call after getting the letter.

Congrats to Odesitka!
 
Calls still coming tomorrow I bet, esp with only 2 ppl on here saying they got calls. And letters of waitlist/rejection usually by the following Tuesday.

I got in off the waitlist - so dont fret, sometimes they want to see more stuff from you if you call after getting the letter.

Congrats to Odesitka!

In the past they called on both Thursday and Friday, so it's possible that they simply didn't call the entire list. From what it looks like, they called the people who have been on the waitlist the longest (November all the way to February)
 
I am also starting to be less than optimistic about getting a call. I have been here before but it still sucks the same.
 
I am also starting to be less than optimistic about getting a call. I have been here before but it still sucks the same.

There probably will be a few calls tomorrow. Not to mention a handful of people probably rejected the offer during the call itself.
 
Congrats! That is awesome. Are you in state or oos?
I'm OOS, but I'm from Arkansas, and at some point I heard that OSU considers Arkansas residents as in state because Arkansas doesn't have an osteopathic school of its own, but I'm not quite sure how true that is.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I interviewed that same day, I take it you were the girl from Arkansas/Russia?
Thanks, and yep; I'm from Ukraine, near Russia. It's interesting how they do wait lists in OSU. It really does seem like they keep taking a bunch of people from the waitlist during the entire process.
 
There probably will be a few calls tomorrow. Not to mention a handful of people probably rejected the offer during the call itself.

At this juncture (late) of the game I seriously doubt anyone is rejecting an offer.

Not to mention rejecting an offer on the phone call to extend admittance would be extremely rude, in my opinion. Gracious acceptance followed by a letter the next week would be much more congenial.
 
I'm OOS, but I'm from Arkansas, and at some point I heard that OSU considers Arkansas residents as in state because Arkansas doesn't have an osteopathic school of its own, but I'm not quite sure how true that is.


Thanks, and yep; I'm from Ukraine, near Russia. It's interesting how they do wait lists in OSU. It really does seem like they keep taking a bunch of people from the waitlist during the entire process.

I hope I didn't offend you with the Russian comment, I just remembered you being from Eastern Europe, really sorry.
 
I hope I didn't offend you with the Russian comment, I just remembered you being from Eastern Europe, really sorry.
No, not at all. It doesn't really matter that much; I speak Russian, and my grandmother is from Russia. It's all very similar. I was just clearing up where exactly I was from. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
 
Congratulations Odesitka!!! More people from our interview!! I think we are up to at least 5 out of the 8 now!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
spoke to sarah earlier and she said all calls were made yesterday. they have interviews after spring break then bridge program so there are still seats. sure hope a few of the sdn regulars get them
 
You guys won't believe what happened to me at 2:30. The director called me, introduced herself (my heart was racing) and informed me that "we can't tell you your status over the phone" in response to an email I sent to Sarah yesterday. Absolutely the biggest burn I have ever received. EVER.😡
 
You guys won't believe what happened to me at 2:30. The director called me, introduced herself (my heart was racing) and informed me that "we can't tell you your status over the phone" in response to an email I sent to Sarah yesterday. Absolutely the biggest burn I have ever received. EVER.😡

Makes me wonder what you said in the email. Doesn't mean you weren't waitlisted. And to be honest, being this late in the game it is really expected to be waitlisted or rejected. Very few straight out acceptances.
 
You guys won't believe what happened to me at 2:30. The director called me, introduced herself (my heart was racing) and informed me that "we can't tell you your status over the phone" in response to an email I sent to Sarah yesterday. Absolutely the biggest burn I have ever received. EVER.😡


Really? I also would like to know what you said in the email. They may want to know if you are for sure going to have your MPH finished before they place you on the waitlist. Other than that, I cannot imagine why they would not just tell you that you were waitlisted over the phone. However, I can imagine them not telling you that you are rejected over the phone. Was it Dr. Stevens that called you?
 
Hope I got waitlisted. My wife had to go to Chicago and I'm on spring break vacation with my parents. I could try calling but I doubt it'd do any good!
 
Just got back home from vacation. OSU wasn't mad or anything; I think they didn't realize that the call sounded like an acceptance call.

In any case, I was waitlisted.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think you take a pre-histo class in july-august time frame. The material will cover the first test in regular histo class for fall semester.