-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
OSU-COM Discussion Thread 2009-2010
Started by Phlame217
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I didn't ask but it should be this next week. phone calles end of the week would be as early as I would expect. I wouldn't be surprised if calles went out first of the week after.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the call for bridge program!!!!!!
Just got the call for bridge program!!!!!!
Congrats!!
Thanks I am litterally speechless, I now know what it is like to win the lottery!
Thanks I am litterally speechless, I now know what it is like to win the lottery!
Congrats, which classes do you take the first year?
I got the Bridge acceptance call at 2:19 PM. Yeah!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
were all bridge calls made today?
Sounds like it. I probably should've applied to the bridge program given that I've been rejected from medical school five times....
Oh well, standard waitlist still applies. For now.
Congrats to all! Does anyone know if it was just bridge calls today? Any ideas when the adcom will meet for the waitlist? I tried calling earlier but no one answered.
I'm wondering the same thing. From what I can tell today was for bridge applicants. 130 interviews for 9 slots, yeesh! My guess is that adcom probably met for the whole shebang, both bridge and waitlist, and that they just called bridge today. Maybe tomorrow, Thursday, or Friday?
Congrats to all of those that were accepted. The bridge program is a good way to ease your way into medical school. Just make sure you make the 85% to not retake, it is very doable...
Wow, that sounds really tough but an excellent way to prepare for the rigors of medical school.
Been in those shoes Phange - for 2 months. Keep your head up and goodluck!
Oh don't worry, I'm used to it. I've been on OU's waitlist before and let me tell you, it's much worse on theirs. At least OSU has the decency to answer questions. That kind of respect definitely gets noticed 🙂
In any case, I guess us waitlistees get to chill out on this board until we either get accepted or August hits, huh? Or the "waitlist purge" I suppose. Hope I survive that!
Thanks Rev doc, OSU is an assume school and i feel very honored to be part of it. btw have u decided yet if u are going to osu or tech?Congrats to Mimi, SaylorDad and Monggirl! Mimi, looks like you cam fill in the blank for your SOM sig now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I spoke with Lindsey yesterday and she said the adcom (non-bridge) met two weeks ago and the class is filled. She did say to expect waitlist movement in the next month.
Any news on when the waitlist itself will be "cut down"?
Thanks for all of the congratulations guys it really has been a long wild ride. My words of advice are to just keep you chin up and don't give up. I first applied three years ago, and just kept improving my application everyway I could. This year has been the hardest, and thoughts of giving up kept creeping in. Thankfully they gave me a chance.
Thanks for all of the congratulations guys it really has been a long wild ride. My words of advice are to just keep you chin up and don't give up. I first applied three years ago, and just kept improving my application everyway I could. This year has been the hardest, and thoughts of giving up kept creeping in. Thankfully they gave me a chance.
Wish I could say the same, man! Congrats. I've been rejected from OU three times, and waitlisted once. This is my first application to OSU.
I believe in "never giving up", but if I don't make it in this time it'll be the fifth rejection overall.
In any case, I'm gonna apply again if I don't get in through the waitlist 👍
Any news on when the waitlist itself will be "cut down"?
Middle of May...
Congrats to all you Bridge folks...see you this summer.
SaylorsDad--you are an inspiration and a poster child for persaverance..
SaylorsDad--you are an inspiration and a poster child for persaverance..
Do you guys know, in general, what percent of waitlistees tend to get cut from the final waitlist? I'd hate to wait this long only to get dropped at the last minute 🙁
The wait is even more brutal now than it was for OU last year. Partially because I don't know for sure that I'll be on the final waitlist. Oh man, I hope they let me in.
The wait is even more brutal now than it was for OU last year. Partially because I don't know for sure that I'll be on the final waitlist. Oh man, I hope they let me in.
Congrats Mimi I knew you would get in. Thanks from the ride from interviews. I guess I will be reapplying next year along with other schools. I am so excited for you though you I know you will do very well.
Does anyone know if any out of state residents have been accepted ?
Does anyone know if any out of state residents have been accepted ?
Congrats Mimi I knew you would get in. Thanks from the ride from interviews. I guess I will be reapplying next year along with other schools. I am so excited for you though you I know you will do very well.
Does anyone know if any out of state residents have been accepted ?
Were you a bridge applicant, waitlisted, or rejected?
I'm sorry to hear you have to reapply... I know the feeling... five times lol
But if Saylorsdad is any indication, never giving up is the key to success. I'm going to work harder and harder until I eventually get in. I certainly hope it's this time, though
For those wait-listed or rejected, don't give up, but also be realistic. Apply to as many schools as possible because if you were good enough to get an interview at OSU then you are good enough to get admitted somewhere the first time. Yes it's good to keep plugging away at the same school each year, but while one school is "on the fence" with you, another will snatch you up in a heart beat.
Speaking from experience, definitely don't give up. It took me two, almost three years. And if you are waitlisted / final waitlisted, never say never!! I was final waitlisted last year and had given up all hope of getting in by mid-July, so I just started my new application for this upcoming year. I got the phone call the first week of August, four days before orientation started.... Someone got pulled off the waitlist at their #1 school and took it, which opened up a last minute seat for me. So don't ever count yourself out until they tell you its a no-go and you need to reapply. With that being said, always be prepared for the worst, and go ahead and work on your app for the upcoming year so that as soon as you know for sure you are not in, you can immediately submit your app and be one of the first. Early app is key, key, key. Much better chances when you interview early with 90 seats available versus late when only 2 seats are available, with 32 people in your interview round plus people still on the waitlist. Look online and see when OU's last day to commit is; expect movement and phone calls to start happening not long after.
the only thing I am a poster child for is birth control!
yes apply broadly and your chances will go way way up. I only applied to osu because I didn't care to move out of state and I didn't care to goto OU.
yes apply broadly and your chances will go way way up. I only applied to osu because I didn't care to move out of state and I didn't care to goto OU.
the only thing I am a poster child for is birth control!
yes apply broadly and your chances will go way way up. I only applied to osu because I didn't care to move out of state and I didn't care to goto OU.
CONGRATS!!!!!!! I actually yelled out when I saw that you were accepted!!!!!!😀
OU's final day for decisions is April 15 (people can't get their deposits back after that point). I get the feeling there will be a lot of waitlist shufflin' going on around that time.
And, boy, this topic is going to heat up like crazy in mid-May when the chop block comes out. Until then, sit back, relax, and hope we all get in!😀
And, boy, this topic is going to heat up like crazy in mid-May when the chop block comes out. Until then, sit back, relax, and hope we all get in!😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OU's final day for decisions is April 15 (people can't get their deposits back after that point). I get the feeling there will be a lot of waitlist shufflin' going on around that time.
And, boy, this topic is going to heat up like crazy in mid-May when the chop block comes out. Until then, sit back, relax, and hope we all get in!😀
Actually I heard they switched it this year to May 15 at OU. I confirmed it with someone I know accepted to OU, it is May 15. So maybe a few will accepted to both schools will chose OU and some waitlist movement will happen.
3.1 gpa 23 mcat, many hours shadowing, former marine "usmc", have taught high school science/math for 6 years.
forgot to mention that I have a very strong upward trend, I think I have around 3.8 over my last 110 hours of college. I did very poorly for my first 90 hours. They truly look at your entire application.
forgot to mention that I have a very strong upward trend, I think I have around 3.8 over my last 110 hours of college. I did very poorly for my first 90 hours. They truly look at your entire application.
Last edited:
thanks but there are alot of people with better stats out there.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 255
- Views
- 73K
- Replies
- 421
- Views
- 146K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K
- Replies
- 183
- Views
- 32K

