OSU (Ohio) vs UMN

Started by lxxx0626
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lxxx0626

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got accepted to both UMN and OHIO, and I am so exciteddddd!!! But I really can't decide because I currently live in MN, but I am an international student, so I am going to have OOS tuition. I know OHIO allows you to get in-state tuition after the first year, but if I am not considering money, which one should I choose? I love the animal behavior program so much in OHIO, but I don't want to move since I have so many friends and connections here....Can I get some advice!! Thank you so much!!!
 
Why are you yelling Ohio :laugh:

I know you say if you aren't considering money, but you very much should consider money. UMN's out of state tuition is really, really high.
Both programs are large, well-established schools with heavy caseload teaching hospitals (I haven't looked at the most recent numbers, but they may be the top 2 when it comes to the number of cases seen per year, with Ohio being first - that was the case when I was in school). You'll get an excellent education at either one. Go to the one that will cost you less.

- UMN grad, current tOSU clinician
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I am in a very similar boat OP, Minnesota pulls on my heart from all the amazing "get to know us" events, but Ohio pulls on my pockets less. It will really be a hard decision for me as well. (Also I am still considered UK schools as well), but best of luck! If you want to chat about it let me know
 
I got accepted to both UMN and OHIO, and I am so exciteddddd!!! But I really can't decide because I currently live in MN, but I am an international student, so I am going to have OOS tuition. I know OHIO allows you to get in-state tuition after the first year, but if I am not considering money, which one should I choose? I love the animal behavior program so much in OHIO, but I don't want to move since I have so many friends and connections here....Can I get some advice!! Thank you so much!!!
It's not so much that they allow in-state tuition after the first year, but that everyone pays the same tuition after the first year because they charge a 50k fee the first year to OOS students [emoji28] so it's more like you can't escape OOS tuition no matter what. But their OOS isn't as high as some schools.