OSUCOM August 2nd

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnnyOU

Slow like Honey
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, [I'm reposting this from the pre-osteo forum per someone's recommendation]

I am getting a tour of OSU next Tuesday at 10am and would love to meet some of you who are already students there. I'd love to hear opinions from those who've experienced the curriculum, clinicals, etc.

I've already applied to OU a few weeks ago, but I prefer Tulsa and agree with the "whole person" philosophy, OSU seems to create better primary docs and ER docs, so I may choose OSU if I get accepted to both. I've heard a lot about it being a family atmosphere, which sounds nice (unless it means someone always gets drunk and tells someone else "I've always hated you!"...maybe that's just Thanksgiving with MY family)

My tour should be over by 11am and we can go get lunch or something if anyone has times.

BTW. Anyone in Tulsa HAS TO go eat at Harden's Hamburgers on sheridan road and order the "8oz hamburger steak dinner w/onions fried in and cheese on top". It's greasy and will drop your life-expectency by a month or so, but it's what I'll order for my last meal if I'm ever on death row. I've eaten so many over the years I'll probably be dead by 45...but oh well

Please let me know if anyone has time on Tuesday.

Thank you.

Johnny

Members don't see this ad.

I hope you enjoy the OSU tour. Since school doesn't crank up until 8/15, it will probably be a little quieter than normal. Their are usually some students around, particularly in the library. I can't give you feedback on curriculum or clinicals, but I can comment on why I chose OSU.

As you interview at multiple schools, you can begin to pick up on vibes from the students and staff. Of course, all school staffers have their game face on when you are being courted for possible admission. But it is usually not too hard to see past. Look beyond the admissions staff. Look around on your own. See how others react to you and treat you. If the academics at various schools are similar and up to par, then where you personally feel most at home and comfortable is where you should attend.

It becomes easier when you have multiple interviews for comparison. My second choice school (of those where I was accepted) is run by a twenty year veteran of OSU COM. I did not realize it at the time of either interview, but it makes more sense now.

Good luck. Hopefully, some more exerienced students can provide additional info.

Thanks for the input Ortho.
I'm looking forward to visiting.

Today I went ahead and had my OU transcripts sent to AACOMAS in case I decide to go for it.