OSUCOM Medextravaganza once again impressive!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blaze1306

"I have a Dream....."
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yesterdays open house at OSUCOM was once again a great showcase for the school and students. This was the second Open house for OSUCOM I've been to for and every year the school seems to get better. Plans for a new four-story Forensic science building in collaboration with the Tulsa police department were anouncened.We were given a tour of the new Mobile medical unit a huge bus use for rural sites decked out with the newest tele-medicine connections. While the school has only one now, plans are in the works for a fleet of five staffed by OSUCOM students in the near future.

Also announced were plans for a new 100,000 square foot clinic near Tulsa Regional Hospital with as many as 30 exam rooms staffed by students. Many new improvments were made on campus including new plasma screens in the OMM, Anatomy lab and Lecture hall just to name a few.

One of the most impressive new developments was the student run and faculty supported web sites for students. On the sites students freely shared notes, study guides and study techniques and the faculty present powerpoint presntations of lectures and old test. The non-competitive atmosphere and true dedication to everyones sucess is why I can't wait to apply this fall.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes!! I was even more impressed this year than last year! And while most of the prospective students were young, there were quite a few that (like myself) were non-trads. I'm really looking forward to when I can actually apply (hopefully next year, for matriculation in 2009.)

Don't worry. There's always a contingent of older non-trads. :) The atmosphere is truly very collegial rather than competitive. This is encouraged by the school, so it remains a consistent pattern.

BTW, Blaze, the hospital now is called OSU Medical Center.
Good luck, you guys. :luck: