Sending update letter again at this point of the cycle??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fran_mon

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I’m deciding whether or not to send a second update letter to a school that I’m currently waiting on a post interview decision.

In November I got a new job as a phlebotomist and sent an update letter in December. Then I worked until February and had 560 hours for that job. I left because I had to drive 1 hour (one way) to work. (To be honest I took this job because it was the only offer I had and I didn’t want to go months without a job)

My second job is as a medical assistant with way shorter commute. Have been working for a month now. I don’t know if this is something worth updating that will significantly help my app (since they are similar clinical experiences). I really want to show interest to this school and don’t want to come off as someone who can’t commit to something.

Instead of an update, should I just send an LOI?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi all, I’m deciding whether or not to send a second update letter to a school that I’m currently waiting on a post interview decision.

In November I got a new job as a phlebotomist and sent an update letter in December. Then I worked until February and had 560 hours for that job. I left because I had to drive 1 hour (one way) to work. (To be honest I took this job because it was the only offer I had and I didn’t want to go months without a job)

My second job is as a medical assistant with way shorter commute. Have been working for a month now. I don’t know if this is something worth updating that will significantly help my app (since they are similar clinical experiences). I really want to show interest to this school and don’t want to come off as someone who can’t commit to something.

Instead of an update, should I just send an LOI?
Make sure the school accepts update letters, but I would send it! try to work in why you think this new job will help you succeed as a medical student and talk about their school specifically.

Reactions: 1 user