General Admissions & OTCAS OT 2014-2015 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am absolutely pulling my hair out during this process (haha). I have read these forums for several months but am just now finally deciding to post. I'd love to hear from others applying to the same programs and any feedback about whether or not my experience seems sufficient. I'm 100% open to constructive criticism in case I have to go through the application process again (but let's hope not :nailbiting:)! My GRE is rather mediocre and my OT hours aren't very high but I am hoping other strengths will hold some weight. I am feeling rather panicked in not hearing from anyone yet, even if it is still early! Good luck to everyone!

University: University of Tennessee - Knoxville
Major: Child and Family Studies; Psychology minor
Overall GPA: 3.85
GRE: V-151, Q-147, A-4
OTCAS verified 11/25

Dean's list all semesters
Extra-Curric: Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, National Society of Collegiate Scholars, National Student Speech Language Hearing Association

Volunteer: Pond Gap Community School math and reading, UT Pediatric Speech Center

Work Experience: Migrant Camp intern two summers; after school program counselor; special needs instructional assistant with head start program; 510 hours in inpatient facility for children with autism and other neurodevelopmental disabilities

Research: Undergraduate research assistant in early experiences lab, completed own behavioral research at PRTF

41 OT observation hours (out of 510 total hours spent in inpatient facility); undocumented hours in head start program that have been going on since application time

Applied to: Eastern Kentucky University (close to home), VCU, MUSC, Thomas Jefferson, Temple, Midwestern (IL)

Acceptances: N/A

Rejections: N/A

Interviews: N/A

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am almost 100% certain that I will attend. :) Thank you! Did it take long to get follow-up emails?
Congrats! I have not yet received a follow up email, but am expecting it any time now.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! I have not yet received a follow up email, but am expecting it any time now.

I received my acceptance email on 11/20 and just received the "second" email yesterday 1/22. Dianne said that it would take several weeks for the graduate school to process their request to add students and I am assuming the offices were closed for a decent amount of time for the holidays. I am sure the process will certainly speed up now!

I received my acceptance email on 11/20 and just received the "second" email yesterday 1/22. Dianne said that it would take several weeks for the graduate school to process their request to add students and I am assuming the offices were closed for a decent amount of time for the holidays. I am sure the process will certainly speed up now!
I also received my follow up email yesterday. Dianne said they would work with me on giving me extra time to make my decision, which is awesome.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard back from VCU this past week or so?

I haven't but I did get an email week before last saying I had made it into the top 150 applicants and that my application would be reviewed the second week of February (this week). I had emailed regarding my status, they did not automatically send this notification. Hoping to hear soon! :)

I asked for the same update and was told the same thing except I wasn't told when my application would be reviewed. Have my fingers crossed though.