OT: Anything goes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Ultrawide 21:9 or nothing :D

I saw your link above and that 35-inch looks dope... but the 27-inch monitor is gigantic. I cannot imagine having larger. I don't know enough to understand what the 21:9 means tbh.

I saw your link above and that 35-inch looks dope... but the 27-inch monitor is gigantic. I cannot imagine having larger. I don't know enough to understand what the 21:9 means tbh.
Aspect ratio.

16:9 (wide-screen) is the aspect ratio of TV, monitor, YouTube videos.

21:9 (cinemascope) is the aspect ratio for ultrawide screen. Some movies with this aspect ratio looks great (the movies where there are black bar on top & bottom are designed for ultrawide screen). So are most games, you get more field of view and a slight advantages from seeing more than others can.

I'm not competitive enough to buy a 25 inch 240hz gsync monitor (and my RTX 2060 can't ever produce that many fps on high/ultra setting anyway). Those are the go to monitors for ultra competitive player who plays in tournaments. I just like a pretty pictures, and more immersion (curve screen) when I play a lot of single player games lol.

Last edited:
Aspect ratio.

16:9 (wide-screen) is the aspect ratio of TV, monitor, YouTube videos.

21:9 (cinemascope) is the aspect ratio for ultrawide screen. Some movies with this aspect ratio looks great (the movies where there are black bar on top & bottom are designed for ultrawide screen). So are most games, you get more field of view and a slight advantages from seeing more than others can.

I'm not competitive enough to buy a 25 inch 240hz gsync monitor (and my RTX 2060 can't ever produce that many fps on high/ultra setting anyway). Those are the go to monitors for ultra competitive player who plays in tournaments. I just like a pretty pictures, and more immersion (curve screen) when I play a lot of single player games lol.

Gotcha thanks for the info.

I crush folks on Starcraft II everyday, gg no re. Monitor works awesome for me. Looking forward to WC3 classic dropping soon.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Just got my 35 inch ultrawide monitor :love:

Witcher 3
IMG_20191215_013824.jpg

Reactions: 2 users