OT: Everything NFL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Our long wait is nearly over

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
My fantasy league draft is the 19th. First time participating. So pumped!

Reactions: 1 user
It's almost time! Can't wait for my fantasy and real world teams to shatter my expectations and collapse into mediocrity

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You are an Eagles fan too?!?

No but I'm sorry you are! Just joking, can commiserate though because my team doesn't know what it's like to win the big game, either.

No but I'm sorry you are! Just joking, can commiserate though because my team doesn't know what it's like to win the big game, either.
Ooo Jaguars maybe? ;)

I'm a Steelers fan myself so I don't know what that's like :smuggrin:

Dad was a Bills fan, which means I rooted for them for a long, long time.:oops:

The Steelers did some aweful crap when I lived in Pittsburgh. :mad: So I liked the Pirates and the Penguins, but the Steelers can suck it. Mainly the early 90s team, I am aware the current team has little relation to the atrocity of the team that sparked my ire.

I have been an East coaster and hence a Patriot's fan since about 95.

Living in CO, I did manage to like the Broncos enough to root for them when they weren't facing the Pats. Though at least some of that was just to upset my husband :)

Dad was a Bills fan, which means I rooted for them for a long, long time.:oops:

The Steelers did some aweful crap when I lived in Pittsburgh. :mad: So I liked the Pirates and the Penguins, but the Steelers can suck it. Mainly the early 90s team, I am aware the current team has little relation to the atrocity of the team that sparked my ire.

I have been an East coaster and hence a Patriot's fan since about 95.

Living in CO, I did manage to like the Broncos enough to root for them when they weren't facing the Pats. Though at least some of that was just to upset my husband :)
I didn't know you lived in Pittsburgh!
I don't know anything about the Steelers of that era, I didn't start watching until 2004. I'm sure my mom knows about it though, she's been a fan for like 35 years.

Ooo Jaguars maybe? ;)

I'm a Steelers fan myself so I don't know what that's like :smuggrin:

Think Bolo ties and baby blue.

Sure are a lot of you Pennsylvania folk here

I haven't lived in Pennsylvania in over a decade but I can't forget my roots. :)

(read: my family would legit disown me if I stopped rooting for the Steelers)

Would an April Fool's joke about supporting Cincinnati be a no-no

Members don't see this ad :)
The thing about Cincinnati is that no matter how much they really want to be the Steelers rivals, it's hard to think of them as anything other than the good old Bungles, even when they're good, haha. Now if I showed up in Ravens purple to a holiday, I don't think anyone would hear from or find me again. :scared:

The thing about Cincinnati is that no matter how much they really want to be the Steelers rivals, it's hard to think of them as anything other than the good old Bungles, even when they're good, haha. Now if I showed up in Ravens purple to a holiday, I don't think anyone would hear from or find me again. :scared:

Ravens haven't been relevant since they (thankfully) beat San Fran in the super bowl (that must have been a mixed feeling for you Pittie fans). Sure Cincinnati's just having little-brother-syndrome but taking out all three star players last year has to count for something in the bitter department

See in my family we kind of feel the opposite. There's a certain respect in the Steelers-Ravens rivalry that doesn't exist with the Bengals. So we are OK with Ravens fans, but Bengals fans are hard to get along with :p

I didn't know you lived in Pittsburgh!
I don't know anything about the Steelers of that era, I didn't start watching until 2004. I'm sure my mom knows about it though, she's been a fan for like 35 years.
I lived in Pittsburgh in 2nd-3rd grade... So around 1992-93.
The Pirates and Penguins had just done a lot of charity work for the people of Pennsylvania in general, but a lot was for the city. They were visiting schools, soup kitchens... Basically being great guys and donating time and money.

Some reporter noticed that few of the Steelers donated to anything anywhere, and none had given back to the city at all. The QB went on record saying something like: None of us are from here. We don't owe the people of Pittsburgh anything. We earned our money fair and square. If we are going to send it anywhere, it will be to our families and to making ourselves more comfortable in our own homes and towns.

When asked if they would consider just coming to a fundraiser or charity event and not spending any of their precious money: Why would we waste our time on you losers when we could fly home to people we actually care about?

(Now, I don't think it was quite that bad, remember I was like 8, but that's how my child brain took it in.)

I do know that their owner made a certain amount of local charity manditory that year and when pressed for a comment, the same player said basically "screw you." The picture of him all pissed off was the cover of several papers for a few weeks.

I lived in Pittsburgh in 2nd-3rd grade... So around 1992-93.
The Pirates and Penguins had just done a lot of charity work for the people of Pennsylvania in general, but a lot was for the city. They were visiting schools, soup kitchens... Basically being great guys and donating time and money.

Some reporter noticed that few of the Steelers donated to anything anywhere, and none had given back to the city at all. The QB went on record saying something like: None of us are from here. We don't owe the people of Pittsburgh anything. We earned our money fair and square. If we are going to send it anywhere, it will be to our families and to making ourselves more comfortable in our own homes and towns.

When asked if they would consider just coming to a fundraiser or charity event and not spending any of their precious money: Why would we waste our time on you losers when we could fly home to people we actually care about?

(Now, I don't think it was quite that bad, remember I was like 8, but that's how my child brain took it in.)

I do know that their owner made a certain amount of local charity manditory that year and when pressed for a comment, the same player said basically "screw you." The picture of him all pissed off was the cover of several papers for a few weeks.
:eek:
Well the team is nothing like that now. I would say that reflects more on those particular players than the organization as a whole.

:eek:
Well the team is nothing like that now. I would say that reflects more on those particular players than the organization as a whole.
Yeah, that's why I said this:

Mainly the early 90s team, I am aware the current team has little relation to the atrocity of the team that sparked my ire.
But I can't say it doesn't still color my opinion of the team and logo even a little...

:D

IMG_20161225_194959.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Why must you hurt me so

Cause I was rooting for them then and it dulls the pain. Though I was okay with Green Bay winning that year. Not so much Seattle

Cause I was rooting for them then and it dulls the pain. Though I was okay with Green Bay winning that year. Not so much Seattle
If any team was going to beat us, I'm cool with it being Green Bay. If I ever rooted for any other teams it would be for them.

Reactions: 1 users
The Ravens have pushed me to be more into CFB with the last couple years

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Honestly I'd rather them win over the pats or steelers

Reactions: 3 users
They're not allowed. They'd have too many superbowl wins.

They'd tie the steelers for most wins. Maybe then the squealers will stop bragging. I'd say the raiders might make it but then again DC is out with a broken fibula

They'd tie the steelers for most wins. Maybe then the squealers will stop bragging. I'd say the raiders might make it but then again DC is out with a broken fibula

Your jealousy is showing

I have several friends who are also slightly insane but I'm still friends with them

He also taught me to dislike the colts for their betrayal