OT: Everything NFL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A small part of my honestly felt bad during that game for Bear's fans everywhere. Then the larger part of me remembered all the crap my friends give me (I live in Bear's country) all of the time about being a Packer's fan so I literally laughed out loud, poured myself a drink, and toasted my team's success while my friends glared at me :rofl:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Would someone please lie to me and tell me the Vikes are going to trounce the Bears (in Chicago) this Sunday?
It's possible, I mean who would have thought the Redskins would beat the Cowgirls in Dallas?! I mean I was happy about it, but I never thought it would happen this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll donate $1,000,000 to your vet education.
tumblr_inline_my2zyoCQdC1qzjrx8.gif

Reactions: 2 users
I decided to be nice to you. I mean your team lost to a 1-7... Oh wait now 2-7 team :)
Not our finest hour. I didn't watch the game but my mom was texting me updates. It was like all the players who had been superstars the last two weeks suddenly forgot how to play football. Ben killed his qb rating :(

No one is quite sure why, but a large group of naked prevets have shown up at the Vikings/Bears game and are dancing on the sidelines offering lap dances to the Bears players completely distracting them from the game.

The Bears don't need naked cheerleaders to be distracted. Just go out on the sidelines and shout, "Look, shiny things!!!!" The game will be over in a heartbeat!

So hold on, if we get 5 good distractors, that makes LIS a happy and that allows for the paying of 5 people's tuition and living expenses (if the correct schools are chosen). Who will those 5 people be though...

So hold on, if we get 5 good distractors, that makes LIS a happy and that allows for the paying of 5 people's tuition and living expenses (if the correct schools are chosen). Who will those 5 people be though...
So far me, Jil, and gwen. Are you volunteering to be a 4th? Not sure LIS would be pleased :p

So far me, Jil, and gwen. Are you volunteering to be a 4th? Not sure LIS would be pleased :p
As much as I would be happy to obtain the money, I feel like LIS may veto this. Would make for a helluva answer to the question, "how do you intend to pay for tuition and living expenses" during the interview process :p

Reactions: 1 users
This story so annoys me:

The police association released a statement in which it called for "the players involved to be disciplined and for the Rams and the NFL to deliver a very public apology." The organization was incensed when five Rams players -- Tavon Austin, Stedman Bailey, Kenny Britt, Chris Givens and Jared Cook -- held up their hands in what has become a well-known sign of support for the Ferguson, Mo. community grappling with the shooting of Michael Brown by police officer Darren Wilson.

"I know that there are those that will say that these players are simply exercising their First Amendment rights," SLPOA business manager Jeff Roorda is quoted as saying in the release. "Well I've got news for people who think that way, cops have first amendment rights too, and we plan to exercise ours. I'd remind the NFL and their players that it is not the violent thugs burning down buildings that buy their advertiser's products. It's cops and the good people of St. Louis and other NFL towns that do. Somebody needs to throw a flag on this play. If it's not the NFL and the Rams, then it'll be cops and their supporters."

So the police think that players should be disciplined for using their first amendment rights, but it is ok for them to do so?
There are too many freaking police that are out of control in this country if you ask me, and they give a bad name to the good cops around.

Too much of an "everyone is an enemy" mentality.

personal anecdote...
I remember when I was in L.A. there was a guy threatening people and actually hit someone. I went up to a cop car to ask for help and they told me to "back away from the vehicle". I mean, I wasn't exactly acting dangerous, was well dressed, and respectfuly. I eventually did get to say what was going on, but they promptly drove away and ignored me, and their annoyance at me was obvious. . L.A. cops..... SMH.

sorry. I am sure a lot of you will disagree.. just can't stand that they asked the NFL to suspend players for essentially voicing their opinions.

This story so annoys me:

So the police think that players should be disciplined for using their first amendment rights, but it is ok for them to do so?
There are too many freaking police that are out of control in this country if you ask me, and they give a bad name to the good cops around.

Too much of an "everyone is an enemy" mentality.

personal anecdote...
I remember when I was in L.A. there was a guy threatening people and actually hit someone. I went up to a cop car to ask for help and they told me to "back away from the vehicle". I mean, I wasn't exactly acting dangerous, was well dressed, and respectfuly. I eventually did get to say what was going on, but they promptly drove away and ignored me, and their annoyance at me was obvious. . L.A. cops..... SMH.

sorry. I am sure a lot of you will disagree.. just can't stand that they asked the NFL to suspend players for essentially voicing their opinions.
Of all the things to ask for players to be disciplined for...this has got to be the most ridiculous :rolleyes:

Just read that Chip Kelly may be exploring getting out of his contract with the Eagles over a power struggle with the front office.

I would laugh so hard if that happened.

Any bad news for the Eagles lessens the hurt of this season.

Just read that Chip Kelly may be exploring getting out of his contract with the Eagles over a power struggle with the front office.

I would laugh so hard if that happened.

Any bad news for the Eagles lessens the hurt of this season.
:cryi: You don't want me to get free coffee?!

I cannot believe what is going on in the Broncos game right now.

You know, this is why I shouldn't ever bother rooting for teams I hate, even when it benefits the Steelers for them to win.
You just can't count on them. First New England, now Cincinnati. :rage:

I'm a die-hard Broncos fan and I have been near heart attack status all game.

Edit: Darn you, refs. ******* darn you.

Edit Edit: YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S WHAT WE'RE ALL ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, this is why I shouldn't ever bother rooting for teams I hate, even when it benefits the Steelers for them to win.
You just can't count on them. First New England, now Cincinnati. :rage:
It feels so nice having control of our fate now ;). Heck, we might even get the #5 wild card spot now ;)

Another Broncos game trying to push me into heart failure.

This is more like it!

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!