General Admissions & OTCAS OT Interview Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTnv46

Reaction score
Hi! I just got an interview at an OT school, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice.
What questions should I be prepared to answer? How do you recommend approaching ethical-based questions? Do you have any advice on how to make virtual interviews more natural?
Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! I just got an interview at an OT school, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice.
What questions should I be prepared to answer? How do you recommend approaching ethical-based questions? Do you have any advice on how to make virtual interviews more natural?
Thank you :)

Just be yourself! Honestly I think as long as you are genuine and show your passion for OT, that is a huge plus already. Here are some tips that I found worked for me last year:

1) Make sure you know your resume/ experiences really well. When asked a question, you will have a short amount of time to answer and formulate and answer from your experiences. Basically just highlight how your experiences will help you be a great OT.
2) If group meetings (listen to your fellow applicants): If you can listen to them and incorporate/ build from their answer, the interviewer will be impressed how you are actively listening.
3) Show that you are a team player! So much of OT is teamwork.
4) Ask questions! That shows how you are interested in their school and you are engaging/proactive. (i.e. How is your OT program different from other programs, what makes this program special?)

Good luck! You'll do great just be yourself. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Just be yourself! Honestly I think as long as you are genuine and show your passion for OT, that is a huge plus already. Here are some tips that I found worked for me last year:

1) Make sure you know your resume/ experiences really well. When asked a question, you will have a short amount of time to answer and formulate and answer from your experiences. Basically just highlight how your experiences will help you be a great OT.
2) If group meetings (listen to your fellow applicants): If you can listen to them and incorporate/ build from their answer, the interviewer will be impressed how you are actively listening.
3) Show that you are a team player! So much of OT is teamwork.
4) Ask questions! That shows how you are interested in their school and you are engaging/proactive. (i.e. How is your OT program different from other programs, what makes this program special?)

Good luck! You'll do great just be yourself. :)
Thank you! This feedback is very helpful!