Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You may not realize it now, but you definitely will when you are in school. There have been so many times this semester when I could hang out with people, buy stuff I wanted, and go on trips because I had money saved up from working.
People who didn't have much money had to spend that time working and not being able to go.
Oh, and I didn't have to worry about what I was going to eat for lunch everyday. People who are short on money or worry about it tend to pack their own lunches with something cheap. I personally don't think I could do that everyday.
I like working during the school year. If I have too much free time I don't get anything done, but if I work I put myself under the gun so I have no choice but to focus on schoolwork
At club meetings and stuff here, they ALWAYS have soft drinks. I always get at least 2-3 when I go to those meetings