OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If we're talking about cane sugar sodas, anyone tried Jones Soda? They'll have a few cases stuck away in an inconspicuous corner at the local Wally World from time to time... it's pretty good. I particuarly like the green apple flavor.

Members don't see this ad.

If we're talking about cane sugar sodas, anyone tried Jones Soda? They'll have a few cases stuck away in an inconspicuous corner at the local Wally World from time to time... it's pretty good. I particuarly like the green apple flavor.

I have never had it, but we always have it in stock at my independent pharmacy.

I think I would bend my rules a little just to try this mexican formula of coke.

cant taste the difference....maybe the fact that its in glass, but thats it..thought it tasted kinda flat. *shrug* dunno

Members don't see this ad :)

Jones Soda is delicious. Sadly I have yet to find it in my new city.

I'm soooooooooooooooooo excited I am going to a fundraiser tomorrow that med students from our school are throwing for Lobby Day in Sac and I bought the sexiest dress to wear to it ! It shall be a glorious night ! Plus final are over and I'm in the land of free ! :banana:

Green apple is amazing. Its like disneyland bottled up

While talking about sugary goodness, please tell me someone else has had the wonderful "Superman" ice cream flavor!!!

:laugh: I've never heard of it. Then again, I don't keep up with ice cream flavors very much.

Man, it's so amazing, and I haven't seen it in years in California.

I am desperately seeking it.

from http://www.seriouseats.com/2009/06/what-is-superman-ice-cream-flavor.html
Superman ice cream is a Michigan thing involving three flavors (in shades of blue, red, and yellow—your standard Superman colors) working together, sort of like Neapolitan.

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_ice_cream
Superman ice cream is an ice cream that comes as a swirl of three colors: blue, red, and yellow. The name of the ice cream comes from the colors, which are those of the legendary super hero. This flavor is believed to have originated in the Michigan-based ice cream shop, Stroh's, but many other possibilities are available.

from http://themittenblog.com/2009/07/06/superman-ice-cream-a-michigan-thing
When Serious Eats described Superman ice cream, my favorite childhood flavor, as "a Michigan Thing," I was both excited and reassured. Finally, I understood why I could never find it during my time on the East Coast. A few phone calls to out-of-state friends and a quick google search provided validation that Superman ice cream is virtually unknown outside the midwest.

So I guess we have to go to Michigan :laugh: There's one girl I know from undergrad who is from Michigan. If we were dating, I could probably go see her and she could tell me more about it when we go to a shop with superman ice cream.

So I guess we have to go to Michigan :laugh: There's one girl I know from undergrad who is from Michigan. If we were dating, I could probably go see her and she could tell me more about it when we go to a shop with superman ice cream.

Lol, I was going to say that they sell it everywhere. But I lived in MI until recently so I guess it is in fact a rarity. Didn't know it was our special ice cream flavor. :laugh:

Moose Tracks is another delicious ice cream from Michigan.

I'm from ca, but I've never heard of it lol. Maybe I'm too young...
sounds like something weird out of an ice cream truck

Members don't see this ad :)
All this talk about ice cream makes me want to kroger to buy some, but I might get weird looks from other shoppers and cashiers :laugh:

About me wanting to go buy some ice cream? Because I like how it tastes and I like eating ice cream.

About why people and cashiers might give me weird looks? Because it's cold outside and people would expect me to eat/drink something warm and not something that's freezing :laugh:

About me wanting to go buy some ice cream? Because I like how it tastes and I like eating ice cream.

About why people and cashiers might give me weird looks? Because it's cold outside and people would expect me to eat/drink something warm and not something that's freezing :laugh:

This ice cream talk reminds me of a funny story this quarter:

We had a guest speaker come in and lecture us about constipation for Pharmacy practice class. She asked the class: which foods are good sources of fiber obviously expecting some vegetable answer. My mom had just bought me some super fibery ice cream with 4 grams of fiber in each serving, so I said ice cream. :laugh:

This ice cream talk reminds me of a funny story this quarter:

We had a guest speaker come in and lecture us about constipation for Pharmacy practice class. She asked the class: which foods are good sources of fiber obviously expecting some vegetable answer. My mom had just bought me some super fibery ice cream with 4 grams of fiber in each serving, so I said ice cream. :laugh:

That's funny :)

You said "this quarter"... that sounds so foreign to me because I'm only familiar with semesters :laugh:

I'm soooooooooooooooooo excited I am going to a fundraiser tomorrow that med students from our school are throwing for Lobby Day in Sac and I bought the sexiest dress to wear to it ! It shall be a glorious night ! Plus final are over and I'm in the land of free ! :banana:

+1

SOOOOOOO happy for you!!!:thumbup:

Anytime you have Med students and sexy dress in the same sentence you know you will have a good night! ;)

My finals are finally over too!!!! today is DAY ONE of me being a BUM!!!!!!!!

+1

SOOOOOOO happy for you!!!:thumbup:

Anytime you have Med students and sexy dress in the same sentence you know you will have a good night! ;)

My finals are finally over too!!!! today is DAY ONE of me being a BUM!!!!!!!!

Me too. The only productive thing I've done is go grocery shopping at Kroger :laugh:

Me too. The only productive thing I've done is go grocery shopping at Kroger :laugh:

This definitely sounds like the mournful cry of a man with too much time on his hands.

How bout you go take my zoology final tomorrow... you won't have to worry about being bored at that point.

This definitely sounds like the mournful cry of a man with too much time on his hands.

How bout you go take my zoology final tomorrow... you won't have to worry about being bored at that point.

:laugh: It's been two years since I've had zoology.

I think I'll probably have more to do tomorrow though. I'm picking up a friend from the airport.

Well, I actually took my last final exam today...so techinically tommorrow is my first day of being a bum! :laugh:
Nah...I will most likely to go barnes and nobles and read some books...and start my christmas shopping. But I usually buy MORE stuff FOR ME whenever I go christmas shopping OR any shopping for that matter! LOL....

Well, I actually took my last final exam today...so techinically tommorrow is my first day of being a bum! :laugh:
Nah...I will most likely to go barnes and nobles and read some books...and start my christmas shopping. But I usually buy MORE stuff FOR ME whenever I go christmas shopping OR any shopping for that matter! LOL....

Oh, that reminded me of something. I could go see this girl I know from undergrad before she leaves to go home to Chicago. I might see her tomorrow though since I'm picking up a friend from the airpot and driving him to school.

I don't think I could go to barnes and noble for a long time just to read books. I would get tired of sitting there and maybe fall asleep :laugh: Does anyone know if they try to kick you out or make you sit somewhere else if you fall asleep? :laugh:

Oh, that reminded me of something. I could go see this girl I know from undergrad before she leaves to go home to Chicago. I might see her tomorrow though since I'm picking up a friend from the airpot and driving him to school.

I don't think I could go to barnes and noble for a long time just to read books. I would get tired of sitting there and maybe fall asleep :laugh: Does anyone know if they try to kick you out or make you sit somewhere else if you fall asleep? :laugh:

I can stay in Barnes and Noble all DAY reading...but I never fall asleep...I usually buy a starbucks coffee to go along with my book. LOL...

I can stay in Barnes and Noble all DAY reading...but I never fall asleep...I usually buy a starbucks coffee to go along with my book. LOL...

I probably would have to take this cute nursing student I know with me to barnes and noble to stay awake all day. :laugh: She seems to like going to barnes and noble sometimes.

Oh man, I just watched the Christmas Santa Claus episode of The Cleveland Show. I always watch that and Family Guy on Hulu. I can't seem to just watch one and not the other. Does anyone feel the same way about this?

I'm kinda bored sitting at home.

Should I go christmas shopping this week or wait until next week?

I have no motivation whatsoever to start studying for my genetics final on Friday

Once you're done, you'll have winter break to look forward to :D

Also, you can be lazy all you want, right? :laugh:

Once you're done, you'll have winter break to look forward to :D

Also, you can be lazy all you want, right? :laugh:

I have literally been in school for almost three straight years. The only times I had a break longer than two weeks I was studying for the PCAT lol

I have literally been in school for almost three straight years. The only times I had a break longer than two weeks I was studying for the PCAT lol

Me too. Except during that summer, I was working 40 hours/week, and I still had to try to study for the PCAT. It sucked. It's definitely not a good way to spend a summer :thumbdown: But I didn't spend any money I earned that summer, because I didn't know what to do with it, since I didn't have enough time off from everything to enjoy my summer. So, now that I'm in pharmacy school, I'm starting to spend some of that money.

Me too. Except during that summer, I was working 40 hours/week, and I still had to try to study for the PCAT. It sucked. It's definitely not a good way to spend a summer :thumbdown: But I didn't spend any money I earned that summer, because I didn't know what to do with it, since I didn't have enough time off from everything to enjoy my summer. So, now that I'm in pharmacy school, I'm starting to spend some of that money.

I took classes during the summer because I needed to get my GPA up to where it needs to be

I've been in school for 4 1/2 straight years... Okay, I took off one summer between sophomore and junior year but I worked part time. I graduated with 144 credits and I've since taken 18 so that puts me at 162 + 17 next semester :eek: Life without school is weird. LOL I like working though... it makes money. :laugh:

I've been in school for 4 1/2 straight years... Okay, I took off one summer between sophomore and junior year but I worked part time. I graduated with 144 credits and I've since taken 18 so that puts me at 162 + 17 next semester :eek: Life without school is weird. LOL I like working though... it makes money. :laugh:

I know people from my high school and undergrad who have been out of school for a while, or going back part time to take few classes at a time. It seems like we get so detached from them and it's weird when I see them again, because they look so different.

I am still biologically trained to wake up at 5:45 AM every morning. Sometimes I can get back to sleep, others, not so much.

Makes for a lot of study time, though.

I am still biologically trained to wake up at 5:45 AM every morning. Sometimes I can get back to sleep, others, not so much.

Makes for a lot of study time, though.

Wow. I thought my alarm at 6 AM was crazy :laugh:

I used to get up at 6 AM, get ready by 6:30, eat breakfast, and then leave home before 7 AM. Sometimes I wouldn't get up until 6:30 or 6:45 without my alarm.