Totally just bought 3 more Pokemon games from ebay as a packaged deal for $40. Seemed like a decent price since I kept seeing the individual games usually listed from $15-25 each. Watching a few other games as well.
Anyone have suggestions for games outside of the Pokemon world they like? I saw Fire Emblem mentioned, and I'm planning on getting a bunch of Zelda ones and Super Smash Bros.
I definitely say YES to Fire Emblem! Fates was released not too long ago, so if you want to jump in with that, it'll be easy to find.
In addition to the Rumble side series that Dev mentioned above, I'm also a big fan of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon -- they're much more emotional and story-driven than the main series games, if you're into that sort of thing. Super Myster Dungeon was the last one to be released, but I personally like the first few installments more.
Animal Crossing is definitely fun, too, but just be forewarned that it is EXTREMELY addictive. Like... very much so. It's one of those games you really have to play religiously every day in order to reap the full effect of. That being said, it's much more relaxing, slice-of-life type of game (sort of like an animal version of the Sims, if you've played any of those), so it does function well as a de-stresser.
In terms of Zelda games, if you've never played the original N64 releases of Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask (or even if you have!), the 3DS remakes are a great starting point. There's also Triforce Heroes, which I personally haven't played, but I have heard many good things about; it's really much more multiplayer-oriented, though.
And I second the recommendation of Super Smash Bros.
Honestly, there are so many good games available to play on the 3DS (and DS, since it is backwards compatible) that you can't really go too wrong at all if you stick with the established first- and second-party Nintendo franchise stuff.
@Devastating i haven't picked up Miitomo yet, but I've seen lots of cool things people have done/made with the app. I'll probably get it pretty soon!