OT schools in Tennessee?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

southerngirl100

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking at programs in TN, and I was wondering if anyone on here has applied to or visited Milligan College or the University of University of Tennessee Health Science Center MOT program. I am thinking about applying to both of these programs and I was wondering if they have good reputations. I noticed UTHSC's website mentions that some of the classes are taught through a "state of the art videoconferencing system" and I was wondering if this is a good or a bad thing? If anyone has any personal experiences related to either of these two schools I would be very interested in your opinion.

Members don't see this ad.

I plan on applying to Belmont University's weekend MOT program and University of Tennessee Health Science Center's MOT programs for the 2013 cycle. I know a few graduates from UT's program and they loved the program as well as the school. I went on UT's campus tour but was unable to speak to anyone from the Occupational Therapy department.

Glad to hear that students are speaking positively about UT's program. I still haven't been able to visit, but I am hoping to be able to do that within the next month or so. I was looking at their website and I noticed that it hasn't been updated yet for the new application cycle, but I'm assuming that will happen soon. Bellmont's weekend program also looks like a great option!

Just finished my first semester in the Milligan MSOT program. I absolutely love it. The faculty is great and is very knowledgeable. The courses are challenging but great. I know that for the last 3 years, they have a 100% NBCOT pass rate, I think above 90% on the 1st try. It is fairly competitive to get in, my class had I believe about 160 applicants for 32 spots. You can download their info packet on Milligan's website.

Good luck with your applications!