Other OT-Related Information OT Volunteer Abroad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WanderlustOT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know of an organization where you can volunteer with OTs abroad? Or mission trips? I know they exist for OT students or graduates, but I'm looking for one for people who are pre-OT.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

Does anyone know of an organization where you can volunteer with OTs abroad? Or mission trips? I know they exist for OT students or graduates, but I'm looking for one for people who are pre-OT.

Thanks!
I had looked into the World Endeavors program, and didn't do it so I can't tell you anything about it, but maybe it's what you're looking for!

So many opportunities abroad! A few off the top of my head:

Thailand- Chiang Mai University has an OT program and an elephant assisted therapy program
Ecuador- Crecer (pediatric clinic)
Centre for Rehab - Bangladesh

You can also create your own opportunity by searching for OTs in a country of your interest and reach out to them- I’ve had success volunteering across SE Asia, Africa, and Europe. Best of luck !!

Reactions: 1 user
So many opportunities abroad! A few off the top of my head:

Thailand- Chiang Mai University has an OT program and an elephant assisted therapy program
Ecuador- Crecer (pediatric clinic)
Centre for Rehab - Bangladesh

You can also create your own opportunity by searching for OTs in a country of your interest and reach out to them- I’ve had success volunteering across SE Asia, Africa, and Europe. Best of luck !!
Have you done any of these? The Thailand one sounds interesting but i can't seem to find volunteer program information.