General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS application cycle 22-23/ Should I wait a year to apply?

Started by mangogirl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mangogirl

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I recently graduated in May and planned on applying to OTCAS this cycle but feel like my stats aren't competitive. I only have about 55 hours of observation in 3 different settings. My work schedule only allows me to get about 3-6 hours a week so I will stick with that every week until I get closer to 100. My GPA is 3.8 and my major was Public Health. I have worked as a PT aide for the past year, so I'm hoping that experience in rehab makes up somewhat for my lack of hours. I take my GRE in August but got a combined score of 308 on my practice test. I'm from CA and currently looking at Texas Tech, University of Texas Health, Texas Women, Tennessee State, Colorado Mesa (unaccredited so maybe not...), Worcester State, and East Carolina State. I am open to other schools but these are just schools I've looked at where I have met the prereqs and costs aren't insane. I can send my personal statement too if you'd like to look it over 🙂 I would appreciate any thoughts and if you think it would be a good idea to shoot my shot and apply or wait a year to gain more experience. Thanks!
 
1. You should wait for next cycle 2023-2024 to apply.
2. Get your volunteer or work-related hours more to have better chance
3. Retake the GRE to improve your Verbal and Writting scores.
4. Take time to write your one-page personal statement, trying to make it 'personal' that a reader can feel you, your characters as a person. All other pertaining information, ie. academic achievement, test scores, grades. etc are trivial in the staments. Your personal statement objectives needs to transcribe your characters, your vibes...

I can proofread if you are willing to let me help.