General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS Transcript Request Form and Verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

INeedToChill

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm stressed out about my transcripts.

I sent my official transcripts via overnight shipping on Friday, June 2, and e-mailed (and called) the registrar to add the transcript request form with my official transcripts. According to the tracking information, OTCAS received the transcript today, June 5 based on FedEx. However, OTCAS did not update anything about my transcript..

My two main concerns are as follows:

1. How long will they process my transcripts?
2. Will they still verify my transcripts, even though the school may not send the transcript request form with it?

I'm worried that OTCAS may not accept my transcripts, even though I called and e-mailed the registrar many times to add that request form. Has anything similar like this happened to you? Thank you and best wishes to everyone applying!

EDIT: Ok, here is the scenario. Yes, I am applying to West Coast University and they're under the 2016 - 2017 cycle. Their due date is July 1. I actually sent two official transcripts to OTCAS from different schools. They received the first transcript and are currently verifying it. I sent the second one last Friday, and even though they received it, it's not shown on my applications.

EDIT - 06/07/17: I called OTCAS about my concerns with my transcripts. They said that the request form is not really needed -- it's just something to help your application process faster. I actually found out that they processed all my transcripts yesterday. So, I'm playing the waiting game, hoping they'll verify it!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Has OTCAS opened this years' cycle yet? That could be the holdup.

next years cycle definitely hasn't opened yet- unless you're talking about this cycle?? but i think that's pretty much over :shrug:

we need more info, op!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It says on the OTCAS website that it can take 7-10 days after receiving the transcript for it to be added to your account. Verification doesn't happen till after you submit the application (and depending on how busy they are, can take several weeks to complete), but I would think that as long as the transcripts are added to your account it wouldn't affect that. Best bet would be to contact OTCAS and ask them, they were really fast to respond when I sent them questions.

I sent my official transcripts via overnight shipping on Friday, June 2, and e-mailed (and called) the registrar to add the transcript request form with my official transcripts. According to the tracking information, OTCAS received the transcript today, June 5 based on FedEx. However, OTCAS did not update anything about my transcript..

2. Will they still verify my transcripts, even though the school may not send the transcript request form with it?

I'm worried that OTCAS may not accept my transcripts, even though I called and e-mailed the registrar many times to add that request form. Has anything similar like this happened to you? Thank you and best wishes to everyone applying!

Which school(s) are you planning on applying to? Please be aware that the 2016-2017 OTCAS cycle is about to close in early July, which means all your data/info will be erased. If the application for the schools you are applying to is closed, this signifies that it will not re-open until the next OTCAS cycle, which will open in early July 2017.

OTCAS still accepts transcripts because there are a handful of schools that still have their application open, for example West Coast University. However, their deadline is July 1st, because that is when the 2016-2017 cycle will close.

If it is the case that you are applying to a school(s), whose application is still open via OTCAS, then your transcripts should still be processed by OTCAS even without the request form. It may, however, take longer than usual because they would have to manually figure out/properly match the transcript to the correct account. But then again, it might be fast since it is pretty much the end of this application season for OTCAS.

Reactions: 1 user

I remember it taking between 2-7 days for transcripts to get there and processed. If you did overnight I'd say definitely toward two days.

The form is recommended, not required for otcas- as long as you mean the otcas cover sheet form they have.

I would recommend getting everything as soon as possible before your schools deadlines

Which school(s) are you planning on applying to? Please be aware that the 2016-2017 OTCAS cycle is about to close in early July, which means all your data/info will be erased. If the application for the schools you are applying to is closed, this signifies that it will not re-open until the next OTCAS cycle, which will open in early July 2017.

OTCAS still accepts transcripts because there are a handful of schools that still have their application open, for example West Coast University. However, their deadline is July 1st, because that is when the 2016-2017 cycle will close.

If it is the case that you are applying to a school(s), whose application is still open via OTCAS, then your transcripts should still be processed by OTCAS even without the request form. It may, however, take longer than usual because they would have to manually figure out/properly match the transcript to the correct account. But then again, it might be fast since it is pretty much the end of this application season for OTCAS.

I'm only applying to West Coast University for the 2016 - 2017 cycle. I was not aware that the cycle closes the same day as the due date for WCU. Their application is still open via OTCAS until early July as well. I'll give them a call probably and explain my situation. Hopefully they can find my transcript then. :)

I remember it taking between 2-7 days for transcripts to get there and processed. If you did overnight I'd say definitely toward two days.

The form is recommended, not required for otcas- as long as you mean the otcas cover sheet form they have.

I would recommend getting everything as soon as possible before your schools deadlines

I actually sent two official transcripts to OTCAS from different schools. The first transcript was sent late May and they are currently verifying it. I sent the second one last Friday, and even though they received it on Monday, it's not shown on my applications. I'll wait a couple of more days, probably.

It should go through even without the transcript request form. The form is meant to make it a faster process from what I understand.