• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

stwei

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 17, 2003
Visit site
Status
what do you guys think about getting a job as a technician if you don't get into med school - going to a community college, and retraining as a technologist to work at a health setting even with B.Sc degree already in your hand?) I am looking at the following webpage - http://www.rctc.edu/program/cvis/. Is it worth it?

premed

15+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2002
HAAAR-vard of the West
Status
Medical Student
Well the starting pay is only 37.5k, which isn't too much. I have a B.S. in Biochemistry and I am getting paid 34k working as a lab tech at UCLA. If I move to industry after a few years, I can expect ~50k. I think this program is directed at individuals who do not already have a Bachelor's degree. However, if you are interested in cardiology, it sounds like a decent job.

B

Blade28

Originally posted by premed
Well the starting pay is only 37.5k, which isn't too much.
More than most first-year and second-year residents. :(

About the Ads