other verbal tests like aamc 7

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pyra

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took AAMC 7 verbal and scored 3 points lower than all the other AAMC tests. I want to practice a little bit more on equally difficult and vague tests. Does anyone know if the TPR Practice tests A-D or EK exams are more like the AAMC 7 one?

Members don't see this ad.

I think that EK 101 is much easier than the AAMC verbals. For starters, EK puts in more interesting passages than AAMC so at least you don't fall asleep in the middle of taking it. Second, there are so many repeat question types in EK that you get used to answering the same sort of question over and over. I averaged 10s in EK 101 tests but have never gotten that on an AAMC. I could be wrong though.

shock827 said:
I think that EK 101 is much easier than the AAMC verbals. For starters, EK puts in more interesting passages than AAMC so at least you don't fall asleep in the middle of taking it. Second, there are so many repeat question types in EK that you get used to answering the same sort of question over and over. I averaged 10s in EK 101 tests but have never gotten that on an AAMC. I could be wrong though.

No, you're right. EK is much easier than the real deal.

Members don't see this ad :)
are all EK easier than the real thing or just the EK 101? what about the EK test 1g?

Well my opinion is that the passages in the EK101 book are a lot easier to read but the questions are a lot more difficult in that they are very specific in their wording. Most mistakes I made on the EK101 book were due to not reading the question VERY specifically. However, on the AAMC exams I find that the passages are a lot more boring and difficult with a greater emphasis on main idea.

However, I've scored 9-11 (mostly 10s) on like every one of the EK101 exams and I've scored 9-11 (mostly 10s) on the AAMCs too. So they must be doing something right.

blz said:
Well my opinion is that the passages in the EK101 book are a lot easier to read but the questions are a lot more difficult in that they are very specific in their wording. Most mistakes I made on the EK101 book were due to not reading the question VERY specifically. However, on the AAMC exams I find that the passages are a lot more boring and difficult with a greater emphasis on main idea.

However, I've scored 9-11 (mostly 10s) on like everyone EK101 exam and I've scored 9-11 (mostly 10s) on the AAMC too. So they must be doing something right.

Same with me: 9-11 (mostly 10s) on EK101 and the same for AAMC.

i agree with the last couple posts. ek 101 passage questions seemed very specific but the passages seemed to read easier.
for what it's worth, here's my scores (in the order i took them):

ek 101 passages, tests 1-6: 8,9,10,8,9,10
aamc practice tests 3R,7,6R,5R: 11,10,12,10

here are my scores in order...

EK 101 (1-5): 10, 10, 11, 9, 10
AAMC (3R, 4R, 5R, 6R, 7): 12, 12, 11, 10, 10

as you can see, my verbal scores kind of had a downward trend. im expecting at least a 10 tomorrow, an 11 definitely if i can make sure my pace is good