Otolaryngology Match 2016

Started by Irishlass
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

It did happen, any thoughts on how it was compared to previous years and if there is any predictive value in that there were 70 less applicants this year and the fact that re-applicants seemed to have fared better than usual.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It did happen, any thoughts on how it was compared to previous years and if there is any predictive value in that there were 70 less applicants this year and the fact that re-applicants seemed to have fared better than usual.
Yes, I saw that. I'm actually not surprised. I think it was a naturally occurring "correction" in what some medical students I talked to thought was an over-priced asset.

Congrats to those who matched!
 
Wouldn't surprise me if the prospect of not matching deterred some well-qualified applicants from applying. Also, the 'Why do you love this program specifically?' essay (heard there was such a thing, but not an applicant -- true or false?) multiplied by the number of programs you'd need to apply to to have realistic hopes of matching -- not a recipe for success.