You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
OU application thread
Started by 09hamster
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi! I'm applying for the 2012 application cycle as well. Completed PharmCas and supplemental, now just waiting for it to be processed.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm applying too, still working on my PharmCAS though haha! How did you all find out about the workshop? I would love to attend!
🙂
Last edited:
I'm not sure why, but I'm not able to access the tuition page...does anyone know how much it is for out-of-state applicants?
I'm not sure why, but I'm not able to access the tuition page...does anyone know how much it is for out-of-state applicants?
Hmm...I'm not able to access the bursar page either right now. Must be down for revision or something.
I know that OU looks at the most recent PCAT score when deciding, but will they see all your PCAT scores that you have taken?
I'm not exactly sure...that would be a good question for Crystal Duffey or Jennifer Richardson.
.
Last edited:
As far as I know, the only transcripts required are those from any colleges and/or universities you have attended.
Does anyone know when interview invites are going to be sent out? November-ish? I hate the waiting!
I think they will send invits from Nov till Jan.
PharmCas is still processing my application. How long did it take them to process yours?
PharmCas is still processing my application. How long did it take them to process yours?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying to OU soon too. I am curious, do you have to send your high school transcripts? I read somewhere (I cant remember, I just got off work and winding down) something about it... anyone know?
I am also curious about the past PCAT scores...
My understanding is that OU does a hollistic screening. As long as your GPA and PCAT scores are above the requirement, you have a shot at getting an interview invit.
Last edited:
I think they will send invits from Nov till Jan.
PharmCas is still processing my application. How long did it take them to process yours?
It took PharmCas about a week to process my info, and then about another week for OU to email me stating they had received all my stuff from PharmCas. I'm hoping I got my app in early enough for an early interview date.
It took PharmCas about a week to process my info, and then about another week for OU to email me stating they had received all my stuff from PharmCas. I'm hoping I got my app in early enough for an early interview date.
Good luck! Let me know if you get an interview invitation.

Good luck! Let me know if you get an interview invitation.![]()
I'll for sure post it on here if I do get an invite...

I sent my PharmCas application and supplemental app., now all I need to do is send them all my transcripts and I'm done! 😀
Question: Do we have to mail OU are PCAT test scores? I didn't read that in the application but it says on here: http://cfapps.ouhsc.edu/appstatus/logon.cfm to mail all applicable test scores. And what about mailing LORs? (I read something about LORs in the FAQ, but then I read in the application that it was for the PhD program. I just want to make sure.)
Question: Do we have to mail OU are PCAT test scores? I didn't read that in the application but it says on here: http://cfapps.ouhsc.edu/appstatus/logon.cfm to mail all applicable test scores. And what about mailing LORs? (I read something about LORs in the FAQ, but then I read in the application that it was for the PhD program. I just want to make sure.)
Last edited:
I am applying to OU soon too. I am curious, do you have to send your high school transcripts? I read somewhere (I cant remember, I just got off work and winding down) something about it... anyone know?
I am also curious about the past PCAT scores...
I read that too. They want you to send your high school transcript if it fulfills the foreign language or computer literacy requirement. I know it's a late reply but hopefully it helped anyone else with the same question.
Last edited:
I sent my PharmCas application and supplemental app., now all I need to do is send them all my transcripts and I'm done! 😀
Question: Do we have to mail OU are PCAT test scores? I didn't read that in the application but it says on here: http://cfapps.ouhsc.edu/appstatus/logon.cfm to mail all applicable test scores. And what about mailing LORs? (I read something about LORs in the FAQ, but then I read in the application that it was for the PhD program. I just want to make sure.)
You send your college transcripts, LORs and PCAT scores trough PharmCAS, I don't think you have to send them yourself to OU.
Pharmcas just finished processing my app and I just sent my supplemental. Now waiting

I just received an e-mail last week as well stating my application had been received! Now waiting and hoping for an interview! 

How long it took after pharmCAS informed you that they completed verification? ThanksI just received an e-mail last week as well stating my application had been received! Now waiting and hoping for an interview!![]()
How long it took after pharmCAS informed you that they completed verification? Thanks
I have the same question. I received an email 10 days ago from PharmCAS saying that my application has been received and will be mailed the next mailing cycle.
I'm frantically checking my email, I may try to contact PHarmCAS about it if I don't receive anything.
I have the same question. I received an email 10 days ago from PharmCAS saying that my application has been received and will be mailed the next mailing cycle.
I'm frantically checking my email, I may try to contact PHarmCAS about it if I don't receive anything.
Finally PharmCAS mailed my documents to OU on this Monday. I have not heard anything from OU yet. Good Luck!
Good Luck! Looks like last year's applicants received interview notifications around mid-November.
Finally PharmCAS mailed my documents to OU on this Monday. I have not heard anything from OU yet. Good Luck!
Pharmcas didn't mail mine yet. 🙁
Finally PharmCAS mailed my documents to OU on this Monday. I have not heard anything from OU yet. Good Luck!
PharmCAS mailed my app on Monday too! We may have submitted our pharmCas app at the same time, i'm still waiting to hear from OU

I agree. Let me know if you get any news from OU. Good Luck!PharmCAS mailed my app on Monday too! We may have submitted our pharmCas app at the same time, i'm still waiting to hear from OU![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree. Let me know if you get any news from OU. Good Luck!
just got an email saying that my app has been received and to go ahead and submit my sup if i haven't done so...hope the next email I receive from OU will be about scheduling an interview

just got an email saying that my app has been received and to go ahead and submit my sup if i haven't done so...hope the next email I receive from OU will be about scheduling an interview![]()
me too 🙂

Good Luck!
Mine was received as well. Good Luck!just got an email saying that my app has been received and to go ahead and submit my sup if i haven't done so...hope the next email I receive from OU will be about scheduling an interview![]()
Has anyone received an interview invite yet? I think they're supposed to start sending them out soon. I'm anxious!!! 

No notification yet...I've been checking my email obsessively! Hopefully soon!
We're in the same boat! I check my e-mail at least every 30 minutes, sometimes more haha! The anticipation is killing me!
Yeah, I think it was mid-November last year, so I just assume the same for this year. Are you guys all in-state?
Yeah, I think it was mid-November last year, so I just assume the same for this year. Are you guys all in-state?
I'm out-state.
In state!
Yeah, I think it was mid-November last year, so I just assume the same for this year. Are you guys all in-state?
In-state.
In state as well.Yeah, I think it was mid-November last year, so I just assume the same for this year. Are you guys all in-state?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! I'm a P1 at OU right now, and just thought I'd throw it out there that if you have any questions you can PM me or post on here and I'll try to answer them. If it's something related specifically to admissions or advice on your application, I highly recommend emailing Jennifer Richardson. If you don't know who that is, she's the admissions recruiter, and some of y'all have probably seen her come to talk at your school. Her email is [email protected] if you don't have it already. If you want to know things as far as what we do in our P1 year and things relating to campus life, I can give you some 411 there. I'm at the Oklahoma City campus, and have gotten to check out some of the city so far, but I'm not very familiar with Tulsa.
I apologize in advance if I don't respond right away, but I'll try to check on this thread when I can. I know applying is stressful and there were people on here who helped me out A LOT, so I would love to pass that forward to the next class.
Good luck everyone! 🙂
I apologize in advance if I don't respond right away, but I'll try to check on this thread when I can. I know applying is stressful and there were people on here who helped me out A LOT, so I would love to pass that forward to the next class.
Good luck everyone! 🙂
Hey everyone! I'm a P1 at OU right now, and just thought I'd throw it out there that if you have any questions you can PM me or post on here and I'll try to answer them. If it's something related specifically to admissions or advice on your application, I highly recommend emailing Jennifer Richardson. If you don't know who that is, she's the admissions recruiter, and some of y'all have probably seen her come to talk at your school. Her email is [email protected] if you don't have it already. If you want to know things as far as what we do in our P1 year and things relating to campus life, I can give you some 411 there. I'm at the Oklahoma City campus, and have gotten to check out some of the city so far, but I'm not very familiar with Tulsa.
I apologize in advance if I don't respond right away, but I'll try to check on this thread when I can. I know applying is stressful and there were people on here who helped me out A LOT, so I would love to pass that forward to the next class.
Good luck everyone! 🙂
Hi! I do have a question. What are you doing to make yourself "marketable" once you graduate? Is it wise to get an internship as soon as you can? I'm worried about the job outlook and was curious to see if you had any tips so far. Thank you.
.
Last edited:
Hi! I do have a question. What are you doing to make yourself "marketable" once you graduate? Is it wise to get an internship as soon as you can? I'm worried about the job outlook and was curious to see if you had any tips so far. Thank you.
Pretty much what cycloketocaine said... I'm joining a few organizations and plan to network as much as I can. I haven't gotten a job yet because I didn't want to overwhelm myself my first year, but I definitely plan on trying to get something eventually.
Also... are you sure y'all still wanna apply to OU? We're having earthquakes and tornadoes in the same night.
😛Hey everyone! I'm a P1 at OU right now, and just thought I'd throw it out there that if you have any questions you can PM me or post on here and I'll try to answer them. If it's something related specifically to admissions or advice on your application, I highly recommend emailing Jennifer Richardson. If you don't know who that is, she's the admissions recruiter, and some of y'all have probably seen her come to talk at your school. Her email is [email protected] if you don't have it already. If you want to know things as far as what we do in our P1 year and things relating to campus life, I can give you some 411 there. I'm at the Oklahoma City campus, and have gotten to check out some of the city so far, but I'm not very familiar with Tulsa.
I apologize in advance if I don't respond right away, but I'll try to check on this thread when I can. I know applying is stressful and there were people on here who helped me out A LOT, so I would love to pass that forward to the next class.
Good luck everyone! 🙂
Hi, I have a question about your daily schedule. I knew students take block classes in graduate schools. How about pharmacy schools? Does each subject last all semester long? Thank you!
