OU application thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted my application by the first week of October and it was reviewed by admissions by second week of October and still haven't heard back yet :( I'm from out of state (Texas) so can that be why I haven't heard back yet. I'm getting a bit worried :scared:

When did you all submit your applications in?

Hey, my situation is exactly the same as yours and I haven't heard anything either :(

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, my situation is exactly the same as yours and I haven't heard anything either :(

Make that three of us. Though I didn't submit my secondary until later in October.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my apps in early. My supplemental was in by mid June and my PharmCas was received by OU September 1st. I got my invite last night around 6:45pm, so I'm sure they're just starting to send them out. Keep checking for them Monday!

I submitted my application by the first week of October and it was reviewed by admissions by second week of October and still haven't heard back yet :( I'm from out of state (Texas) so can that be why I haven't heard back yet. I'm getting a bit worried :scared:

I submitted my application around Sep 28th, it was verified and mailed Oct 10th.

I received my interview invitation yesterday at 6:45pm. I hope you guys hear something soon. :xf:

I submitted mine the first week of September and I believe it was reviewed towards the end of that month! I'm sure you will hear something on Monday! :thumbup:

I too got an invite to interview on Friday evening!!! I had all my applications submitted by mid September, and everything was verified and sent out from PharmCAS in early October. I'm so excited good luck to you all, i chose Dec 10th in Tulsa.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! Congrats to all of us! It has been a long way for us to reach this point. Hopefully we will all get accepted! :xf:

Did any of you get a confirmation email from survey monkey? I don't necessarily think we're suppose to, but I just wanted to check. :)

Did any of you get a confirmation email from survey monkey? I don't necessarily think we're suppose to, but I just wanted to check. :) /QUOTE]

I got a survey monkey email after an interview at another school.

Did any of you get a confirmation email from survey monkey? I don't necessarily think we're suppose to, but I just wanted to check. :)

I didn't get any. We are supposed to receive confirmation from OU after the 27th.

I'm just paranoid...wanted to make sure. Thank you!

Does this mean you received an invite? If so, congrats! When did you finish up your app & supplemental?

Yes I got an invite :D:D:D
I submitted my pharmcas application on 9/29 and I submitted my supplemental on 9/30. I got my invite today.

I also got an invite. I really want to go but I'm not sure if I can fit microbiology into my schedule next semester. :( I don't remember that being a requirement last time I looked... guess that was a while ago. Does anyone know how soon they will let you know whether or not you've been accepted?

So those of you familiar with the school, which campus is in a better area - safer/cleaner..? I read some bad statistical info about gangs and drugs in oklahoma city and that you have to live at least 20 minutes away from campus.

I received e-mail confirmation today that my PharmCAS application has been received by OU!

Does anyone happen to know how many students usually apply to OU College of Pharmacy each year?

I also got an invite. I really want to go but I'm not sure if I can fit microbiology into my schedule next semester. :( I don't remember that being a requirement last time I looked... guess that was a while ago. Does anyone know how soon they will let you know whether or not you've been accepted?

Same here, I absolutely cannot fit microbiology into my schedule next semester :(, so I'm hoping it will be offered at a CC near my house in the summer....I really hope there is one :xf:

I'm just paranoid...wanted to make sure. Thank you!

You are not alone! I have the same thought and I am glad you brought this up. Those electronic stuff just made me very nervous. Hopefully everything goes in the right direction.

Hey guys, I just wanted to pop in and say that I got an interview! I submitted my PharmCAS/supplemental early October and received confirmation early November. I look forward to seeing you Dec 17 folks soon!

Same here, I absolutely cannot fit microbiology into my schedule next semester :(, so I'm hoping it will be offered at a CC near my house in the summer....I really hope there is one :xf:

If I recall correctly, MBIO lab wasn't a pre-req until this year. Though, MBIO lecture has been a pre-req for a while now. You might think about taking it at a CC!

Hey guys, I just wanted to pop in and say that I got an interview! I submitted my PharmCAS/supplemental early October and received confirmation early November. I look forward to seeing you Dec 17 folks soon!

Yay. I submitted primary in mid-October and secondary in late October so hopefully I will hear soon! :xf:

If I recall correctly, MBIO lab wasn't a pre-req until this year. Though, MBIO lecture has been a pre-req for a while now. You might think about taking it at a CC!

It's really hard to go into Microbio though because it's hard to find a semester when it's offered and when it is offered seats fill up too quickly :(

xNeenax, have you asked if they will allow a summer class? I know most schools require you to finish all your prereqs by end of spring semester.

xNeenax, have you asked if they will allow a summer class? I know most schools require you to finish all your prereqs by end of spring semester.

yeah, doesn't OU allow you to finish pre-reqs in the summer also? I thought that's what the admissions person said.

yeah, doesn't OU allow you to finish pre-reqs in the summer also? I thought that's what the admissions person said.

From the OU website:

"Applicants must meet the pre-requisites listed below admission by June 1 of the year they plan to enter."

Does anyone know if the interview is open/closed file?

No, you must have them done by the end of the spring semester (essentially).

I don't know which date to pick :(

and yeah, I'm taking micro next semester.

Ok, I chose the Dec 17th date. If I get accepted I will take microbio instead of physio. I'm curious what your guys stats are. Says they like it if you have taken Biochem. Do you guys mind sharing your stats? mine are:
overall gpa: 3.86, math/science: 4.0, PCAT: 58 :(
bio classes i will have completed: general, zoo, anatomy, micro
not much pharm experience just shadowed in three different places
just over 100hrs volunteer work at an adult day service.

does anyone know how many people they interview?
Also will you choose a preference for which campus? I think I might choose no preference but I need to research each campus more.

Does anyone know if the interview is open/closed file?

The interviewers won't have access to your grades and Pcat scores, but may see the classes taken and the rest of your file (I learned that at the admission workshop).

That's interesting, I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing.

How are you going about the interview?

I'm an out-of-state student (Texas), but I think I can drive over to OU and stuff. I'm guessing it's a good idea to book a hotel, so what's the cheapest?

I picked an interview date on survey monkey, but I didn't get any conformation. Does OU email us about what we should bring on interview day and where we should go?

How are you going about the interview?

I'm an out-of-state student (Texas), but I think I can drive over to OU and stuff. I'm guessing it's a good idea to book a hotel, so what's the cheapest?

I picked an interview date on survey monkey, but I didn't get any conformation. Does OU email us about what we should bring on interview day and where we should go?

The email says that we will receive a confirmation after the 27th. I hope it will say what we should bring, I'm not sure if there is an area where we can leave coats, purses etc...

They are few hotels downtown, price range from 150-40. (Keep in mind that downtown area is not very safe). It will also be convenient to get one that offers shuttle service if you are not planning to use a car.

What date did you pick?

The email says that we will receive a confirmation after the 27th. I hope it will say what we should bring, I'm not sure if there is an area where we can leave coats, purses etc...

They are few hotels downtown, price range from 150-40. (Keep in mind that downtown area is not very safe). It will also be convenient to get one that offers shuttle service if you are not planning to use a car.

What date did you pick?

I picked December 17th. Is this your first time doing a pharmacy school interview? This is my first one.

It takes three hours to drive over there.
Maybe I can just stay in my car :p
Have you decided what hotel you're staying in? Am I thinking about this too early?

I picked December 17th. Is this your first time doing a pharmacy school interview? This is my first one.

It takes three hours to drive over there.
Maybe I can just stay in my car :p
Have you decided what hotel you're staying in? Am I thinking about this too early?

It's my first pharmacy school interview and I'm so excited. I will see you there on December 17th.
I live in Oklahoma City (30min away from OUHSC), may get a hotel room close by only if the weather is bad ;)

Have a happy thanksgiving everyone!

Where were you sitting? who did you have your tour with?

If I remember correctly, I sat somewhere towards the front. And my group had their tour with a P2 and P3 I think. I don't remember their names, but they were both blond. You?

What is the scope and outlook on student housing in and around the OUHSC? I've researched University Village and learned they usually have a year-long wait list. Their rates are not too bad though. What other options are there?

bricktown has many events and restaurants and there are lots of police. I have never felt unsafe downtown.

My pharmcas application was mailed last Monday the 21st and I received an email from every school saying they received it that day except for OU.. Should I call them to make sure?