OUCOM Discussion Thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OUCOM's wait list doesn't seem to be moving at all... Running out of time for it to do anything significant. I guess this is partially do to the increase in applicants at all D.O. schools, every year is becoming much more competitive. I'm just glad I've already been accepted elsewhere. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone know how deep the waitlist is? does admissions tell you where you are?

does anyone know how deep the waitlist is? does admissions tell you where you are?

They have gone to 8 people on the list, but only 5 were actually accepted (due to students choosing other schools)....this was the stat for last week. If you call they will give you a general idea of where you rank on the list, but not a specific number. It doesn't hurt to give them a call- good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just did application counseling with Jenny from OUCOM admissions and she said that as of today 7 students have been taken from the wait list and they expect that at least another couple will be called during July. They obviously can't give you too many specifics but will give you a general sense of where you are on the list and what they expect your chances will be. Additionally, they will ask you what your plans are if you aren't accepted this year to OUCOM so be ready to answer that question....

*If you don't already have a spot secured elsewhere, I'd recommend it's time to think about reapplying for 2012.

Best wishes to all :xf:

Last edited:
Best wishes to those on the waitlist- don't get discouraged!! The people in the admin. office are really genuinely caring about your progress so don't be afraid to call and check on your status!!

Annnnnd It's August! :eek:

I'd say it's time to move to plan B for anyone on the waitlist....:boom:

Annnnnd It's August! :eek:

I'd say it's time to move to plan B for anyone on the waitlist....:boom:
Good news...i just got the call offering me a spot and I'm going to call them and turn it down since I've already started somewhere else....I hope one of you gets it and is able to go!

Good news...i just got the call offering me a spot and I'm going to call them and turn it down since I've already started somewhere else....I hope one of you gets it and is able to go!

oh my goodness, if you don't mind me asking when did you get the call? I am next on the list supposedly

oh my goodness, if you don't mind me asking when did you get the call? I am next on the list supposedly

AH i bet you definitely will get a call then! Got the call at 2:45pm....called back about an hour later to sadly say no

Good Luck :luck: to everyone who just started!

See ya in the field!!! :highfive: