OUCOM/Doctors hospital

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Whatsyourname

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are students experiences here? Would you do a residency here?

Members don't see this ad.

If you do an OUCOM residency, does the 5 year Ohio thing apply, or is that only for OOS OUCOM med students?

Members don't see this ad :)
What are students experiences here? Would you do a residency here?

I was a premed who did a lot of shadowing of residents at Doctors in Columbus. All the students and residents seem very relaxed and laid back. Not sure if this helps.

does anyone know about the internal medicine residency here? any fellowship placement to follow? what is living in columbus like?

I can speak to living in Columbus, as I've been here all my life. Layout-wise, it is extremely easy to get anywhere you need to go. I would estimate pretty much everywhere is within 10-15 mins of a freeway at a maximum. Cost of living is quite low, a 2000 square foot home in a decent neighborhood can be had for $150k all the way up to $400-500k depending on how much "prestige" you need out of your neighborhood. With the exception of inner city Columbus, everywhere is nice enough.

There's plenty to do, we even have a lame beach (a massive retention pond called alum creek with a "sand beach", although I dislike it personally). All in all it's a cheap and pleasant place to live, summers aren't unbearably hot and winters aren't unnavigable due to snow, housing is cheap, entertainment is available at all times of the year.

It is my current intention of staying here for med school, residency, and as an attending.

I live in Columbus after living in Phoenix and Chicago. I like Columbus, it has an East Coast/Midwest feel to it. Seems like a good place to raise kids, beautiful bike paths, vonstantly hearing about OSU can get annoying after a while but its a good blend of city and college town.

I live in Columbus after living in Phoenix and Chicago. I like Columbus, it has an East Coast/Midwest feel to it. Seems like a good place to raise kids, beautiful bike paths, vonstantly hearing about OSU can get annoying after a while but its a good blend of city and college town.

thanks everyone

constantly hearing about OSU can get annoying after a while but its a good blend of city and college town.

+1

football traffic sucks

Would OUCOM students get matched there easier?