OUHCOM-Dublin vs MSUCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kdk16doc

Reaction score
I have been accepted to both OU-HCOM (Dublin campus) and MSUCOM as an Ohio resident and am having difficulty deciding which school I would like to attend. I seem to be leaning towards OU, but I don't want to miss out on the MSUCOM opportunity. At the end of the day, trying to figure out if it will be worth it to move states for a DO school, considering that they are both state schools with great potential. Here are some pros/cons that I see:

OU-HCOM Pros:
- Dublin campus, close to family and partner
- Great access to hospital systems, I am already familiar with/have connections with (OhioHealth, Mount Carmel, NCH)
- Cheaper
- P/F and good research funding

OU-HCOM Cons:
- Flipped classroom format + live lecture broadcast from Athens. Not sure how I feel about this one as the instructor who is lecturing will not be in the room. Would love to hear from current med students about their experiences with this
- Just read about their business casual dress code in a different thread and it's the first time I'm hearing about this, so I would like to learn more about how strictly it's enforced or if that is still the case

MSUCOM Pros:
- Seems to be super easy to get involved in research
- Established and may rotation sites through their SCS
- P/F and good research funding

MSUCOM Cons:
- Further from my support system
- Don't know which campus will be accepted before paying the deposit
- Potentially will have to move for 3rd and 4th year to the assigned rotation site (?)
- Out-of-state tuition

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Go to the cheaper school. Both are great schools, and you'll become a doctor at either. No need to accrue extra loans.