Out of state blows!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrSmiles12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Being an out-of-state applicant really sux! Its like an automatic waitlist! I mean when I interbiewed at Lousiville the two guys that interviewed me told me I was in for sure... Then I get slammed with waitlist. Thank goodness for Marquette! I am way excited for that!

Members don't see this ad.

You never can tell. I'm from Tennessee and at Indiana my interviewer told me not to be upset if I was put on the wait list because the competition is fierce so I expected just that. Then I got the call today. I'm in! I know its crazy and nothing is a lock. Good luck. (Also accepted by Louisville and Kentucky)

You never know these things...I got accepted out-of-state for UCSF (pure joy!) which I thought would be a longshot.

Members don't see this ad :)
theres a lot more waitlist movement for out of state.. im hoping

theres a lot more waitlist movement for out of state.. im hoping

very true. A lot of people pass up on private if given a cheaper option.

Blows even more if you are an international applicant...

You dont have a state school to fall back on, PLUS a lot of schools dont even consider applications from international applicants.

Your should apply to UNLV... When I was there they told me that they can't recruit enough internationals. The basically said if your international they will take you!

PS I don't even have a state school. I am in Idaho