Out of state job after graduation

Started by maldini99
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

maldini99

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am graduating soon and I want to move to a different state that is pretty far from where I am now.

Is the process of getting a job that is not within driving distance significantly more difficult? Would the employer care if I do not have their state license yet, and be willing to wait?
 
Depending on type of setting, that is, if it is in retail, you can probably get away with being a grad intern for a month or two while awaiting your ATT to sit for the boards. Other settings, not so much.

Also keep in mind of the licensing requirements of the state(s) that which you are applying for. Some vary in intern hour requirements as well as some states may require you to complete certain CEs (AIDS/HIV in WA or pain mgmt in OR for example) before you are deemed eligible to take their MPJE