1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

out or in state

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by murph, Jun 12, 2002.

1. murph

murph Member
    7+ Year Member

I am from, and currently living in Washington, but I lived in Oklahoma from age 19-21. Can I pass for some form of an oklahoma resident. I also have an abundant ammount of family in Oklahoma.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrMom

DrMom Official Mom of SDN
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    You have to live in Oklahoma for 12 months (not as a college student) and work full time. I'm assuming some time has passed since you lived here...I don't believe that you would currently qualify.

As to having relatives living here, unless they are your parents and you are still a dependent, that doesn't help you.

What you can do is move here a year before med school (min of full 12 months) and work while you are applying so that you can qualify for in-state by the time med school starts. Or, as suggested in another thread, you can marry an Oklahoman and qualify immediately! :D

4. Fenrezz

Fenrezz AT Stills Worst Nightmare
    7+ Year Member

Murph, looks like you and I will both be coughing up a ton of cash. If you do find someone to marry in Oklahoma, find out if she has a sister. :)