SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

out or in state

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by murph, Jun 12, 2002.

  1. murph

    murph Member 7+ Year Member

    Jun 8, 2002
    Yakima, Wa
    I am from, and currently living in Washington, but I lived in Oklahoma from age 19-21. Can I pass for some form of an oklahoma resident. I also have an abundant ammount of family in Oklahoma.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. DrMom

    DrMom Official Mom of SDN Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

    You have to live in Oklahoma for 12 months (not as a college student) and work full time. I'm assuming some time has passed since you lived here...I don't believe that you would currently qualify.

    As to having relatives living here, unless they are your parents and you are still a dependent, that doesn't help you.

    What you can do is move here a year before med school (min of full 12 months) and work while you are applying so that you can qualify for in-state by the time med school starts. Or, as suggested in another thread, you can marry an Oklahoman and qualify immediately! :D
  4. Fenrezz

    Fenrezz AT Stills Worst Nightmare 7+ Year Member

    Apr 24, 2002
    Ft. Tulsadale
    Murph, looks like you and I will both be coughing up a ton of cash. If you do find someone to marry in Oklahoma, find out if she has a sister. :)

Share This Page