Overabundance of retail pharmacies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmd 08902

Kramerph
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I work for a a retail chain for 5+ years.
As expected, blood+sweat+tears = still bottom of the barrel
I have considered opening a pharmacy in the distant future, 5+ years.
As I search for current locations, I see so many pharmacies within such a short distance from each other its ridiculous.
Many locations are within minutes from each other!
It must be hard to compete against each other at the same time insurance companies are on our ass.
Are there enough phamacies in nj yet or can one still expect to open a new one and still make considerable profit?
 
I work for a a retail chain for 5+ years.
As expected, blood+sweat+tears = still bottom of the barrel
I have considered opening a pharmacy in the distant future, 5+ years.
As I search for current locations, I see so many pharmacies within such a short distance from each other its ridiculous.
Many locations are within minutes from each other!
It must be hard to compete against each other at the same time insurance companies are on our ass.
Are there enough phamacies in nj yet or can one still expect to open a new one and still make considerable profit?

Sure, just open it in an urban area. I can't really think of any urban neighborhoods in Jersey that are nice though. Camden, Newark are among the most dangerous cities in the USA.

You're better off getting a NY license and coming to NY. Open one up in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, or Queens.
 
Sure, just open it in an urban area. I can't really think of any urban neighborhoods in Jersey that are nice though. Camden, Newark are among the most dangerous cities in the USA.

You're better off getting a NY license and coming to NY. Open one up in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, or Queens.
Edgewater nj is pretty upscale.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I work for a a retail chain for 5+ years.
As expected, blood+sweat+tears = still bottom of the barrel
I have considered opening a pharmacy in the distant future, 5+ years.
As I search for current locations, I see so many pharmacies within such a short distance from each other its ridiculous.
Many locations are within minutes from each other!
It must be hard to compete against each other at the same time insurance companies are on our ass.
Are there enough phamacies in nj yet or can one still expect to open a new one and still make considerable profit?
lol are you from rutgers? that zip code looks pretty familiar