Overnight Pic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikejones123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I work at a high volume 24 hour store. Last week, 3 FT day pharmacists quit on the spot. 2 of them didn't even have a job lined up. My supervisor offered me the PIC position even though I work overnight. Has anyone have any experience with this???? Did something new happen at cvs that is making the day people quit??

Members don't see this ad.

Did something new happen at cvs that is making the day people quit??

In the last few weeks...

1. Verifying every single prescription that gets put on hold

2. Mandatory Counseling appearing in QV (even when patients have absolutely no questions on the medication or it is an order for a nursing home)

3. Mandatory Use of the Visual Verification Tray (or else being written up/terminated)

I knew of a store where they could not find a night rph so the pic covered the night shift for a few weeks until they found someone. If you do become the pic I'm sure you will eventually transfer to days.
Also knew of a store where the night rph had 20 years of experience and the day staff rph, pic, and other night rph were all new grads so that night rph was the unofficial pic.

Members don't see this ad :)
Crappy position to be in for you. Just hope that you are not forced to sign off on being a PIC while they are looking for one... that might take a long time. Meanwhile the store will probably be staffed with floaters and new grads.

Reactions: 1 user
I work at a high volume 24 hour store. Last week, 3 FT day pharmacists quit on the spot. 2 of them didn't even have a job lined up. My supervisor offered me the PIC position even though I work overnight. Has anyone have any experience with this???? Did something new happen at cvs that is making the day people quit??

There are really only 2 good answers: take the PIC job for 1 year...maintain your sanity...and then quit. It's obviously a shtty and dangerous working environment where people are quitting left and right...and without jobs lined up.

OR

stay coozy with your cushy overnight gig and hope the supervisor doesn't retaliate because you declined the offer.

I'd turn it down unless you get some serious money for it

Be very leery. You're assuming all of the responsibility and yet you'll have little input to what happens during the day time.

LOL the first thing you should do is find out why they quit...

Do they want you to keep working overnight and be the pic? Because that just sounds crazy. There is no way you'll be anything but the PIC on paper. And are you going to wake up in the middle of the day to be on conference calls and go to meetings? Insanity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

In the last few weeks...

1. Verifying every single prescription that gets put on hold

2. Mandatory Counseling appearing in QV (even when patients have absolutely no questions on the medication or it is an order for a nursing home)

3. Mandatory Use of the Visual Verification Tray (or else being written up/terminated)
Been doing 1 and 2 for years at WAG. If anything is new or copy, it's flagged for consultation. We have to walk over to cash register, counsel on new rx or document refusal by scanning barcode . TX is a mandatory counseling state.

That may be true, buts WAG is different. I know people think WAG and CVS are one in the same, but CVS is a whole other animal. CVS has titrated the work:help ratio to the absolute tipping point, and then some.

1. they have their offers.. which u did not want or need or even ask for.
2. u tell them that its acceptable, if n only if prior to being PIC certain changes are made.
3. "prior" to being PIC, tell them u want to increase tech hours! u know, the minimum wage jobs? tell them thats all u needed to being PIC.
4. if its unacceptable to them, its unacceptable to you.

Reactions: 1 user