Overseas Vet School Blogs

Started by OneDay81
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

OneDay81

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I googled "veterinary student blogs" today and found a few, but one in particular stood out: Diary of a Dick Vet. Fantastic!

I was wondering if anyone knows of any more blogs by students of the overseas schools? I am especially interested in reading one from RVC...
 
Last edited:
I'm about to fly to Edinburgh now for the 5 year. I have a list of other vet blogs that I follow. One is a graduate of RVC but she tells us the day to day experiences of practicing SA in London. Another student that is about to go to RVC as well is on the list. Good luck!

BTW, Jessica (Diary of a Dick Vet) is a wonderful woman. She answered many of my questions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SoBeVet's got mine linked on her blog. 😀 I haven't gotten to RVC yet, but I plan on blogging as much as possible to keep my family and friends in the loop. I'm in the 4-year accelerated BVetMed program. The link is http://ellieintheuk.blogspot.com.
 
SoBe has mine linked on hers too! I have hers on mine as well as others that I follow (like food blogs). I'm on the 4 year GEP BVM&S programme here at the Dick Vet in Edinburgh. Classes have already started so theres a good number of posts because of it.
http://carolynbvmands.wordpress.com/

Like Lei, my blog is to keep my family and friends updated while I'm here. I think I ramble on a bit, but feel free to look (at pictures) or read if you wish. 🙂
 
SoBeVet's got mine linked on her blog. 😀 I haven't gotten to RVC yet, but I plan on blogging as much as possible to keep my family and friends in the loop. I'm in the 4-year accelerated BVetMed program. The link is http://ellieintheuk.blogspot.com.

I can't wait!! I know you will busy but I hope you get to write alot! What is your undergrad degree in? and your other stats?
 
I can't wait!! I know you will busy but I hope you get to write alot! What is your undergrad degree in? and your other stats?

I got my undergrad at UNH in Animal Science with a concentration in Equine Sciences. My GRE was average, and I wanna say my science GPA was around a 3.7? I hope I get to write a lot too! We have half-days on Wednesdays, so I have a feeling that'll be my time to sit down and write.
 
thanks for the blogs! 🙂
they're all entertaining, insightful, and exciting!
Good luck to those of you crossing the atlantic soon!