P/S Section Bank Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itsalwayssunny96

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've perused through SDN and for the following questions, I have not been able to find answers to anywhere and AAMC's explanations weren't all that helpful. I would appreciate any input whatsoever!

31. Which observation disconfirms the theory that the hunger drive is based on a person's interpretation of stomach contractions, while satiety is based on stomach distension?
So I had a problem with the wording of this question... it says "a person's interpretation of stomach contractions" which led me to pick the incorrect answer. The correct answer, choice D (people whose stomachs have been removed still experience hunger) assumes that stomach contractions cause hunger. But, the question stem said that it was a person's interpretation of these stomach contractions that cause hunger. I may be reading too far into it, but I feel like I'm missing something. I picked choice B, or stomach distension does not correlate with satiety.

93.Based on the findings of the 2012 study, medical students were MOST likely to report engaging in which coping strategy?
a) Status-seeking
b) Aggression
c) Dependence
d) Support-seeking

I was between c and d, and ended up picking c... d was the right answer. I felt like these two answer choices were really close. :/ Did we just have to know specific examples of adaptive coping responses...? And that support-seeking was one of them?

Members don't see this ad.

I think dependence is more a term for talking about addiction.

for the first question, your choice doesn't not involve any "personal interpreting." choice D is better