P1 looking to transfer schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

microbe hunter

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any pharmacy schools that take transfer students?

Members don't see this ad.

I had planned to do the same thing due to personal reasons, but it ended up being too difficult. I contacted the admissions departments of the schools I was interested in transferring to. One of the three wasn't taking any transfers at their main campus but I could have gone to their branch campus (Minnesota). The other (SDSU) said I would have to repeat my P2 year because the curriculum was too different. I realllllly didn't want to do that, one P2 year is one too many :laugh:

I would start by contacting the schools you want to transfer to in order to find out if they accept transfers at all as some do not. They can tell you what requirements you need to fulfill to transfer. One of the schools said I needed to take pre-pharm micro even though I had already taken it in pharm school.

I would like to have transferred, but it was too much trouble and I'm not about to add another year on to the nine under my belt. Good luck. :luck:

Reactions: 1 user
spacecowgirl said:
I had planned to do the same thing due to personal reasons, but it ended up being too difficult. I contacted the admissions departments of the schools I was interested in transferring to. One of the three wasn't taking any transfers at their main campus but I could have gone to their branch campus (Minnesota). The other (SDSU) said I would have to repeat my P2 year because the curriculum was too different. I realllllly didn't want to do that, one P2 year is one too many :laugh:

I would start by contacting the schools you want to transfer to in order to find out if they accept transfers at all as some do not. They can tell you what requirements you need to fulfill to transfer. One of the schools said I needed to take pre-pharm micro even though I had already taken it in pharm school.

I would like to have transferred, but it was too much trouble and I'm not about to add another year on to the nine under my belt. Good luck. :luck:

Thanks, Spacecowgirl, for your response and advice.

Members don't see this ad :)
microbe hunter said:
Are there any pharmacy schools that take transfer students? I am a P1 now at a pharmacy school and I'm looking to go elsewhere for P2 year...

I was born in Buffalo, not to mention, I am a Bills fan. So.. I've heard it all. Suicide in Buffalo is redundant, etc. :smuggrin:

That being said, if you find that transfering is impossible, give Buffalo a chance. It is only 3 1/2 more years. Like you said, the school is good. Also, I have much of my family living in Buffalo and they love it.