• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

spacecowgirl

in the bee-loud glade
15+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2004
Innisfree
Status
Pharmacist
I had planned to do the same thing due to personal reasons, but it ended up being too difficult. I contacted the admissions departments of the schools I was interested in transferring to. One of the three wasn't taking any transfers at their main campus but I could have gone to their branch campus (Minnesota). The other (SDSU) said I would have to repeat my P2 year because the curriculum was too different. I realllllly didn't want to do that, one P2 year is one too many :laugh:

I would start by contacting the schools you want to transfer to in order to find out if they accept transfers at all as some do not. They can tell you what requirements you need to fulfill to transfer. One of the schools said I needed to take pre-pharm micro even though I had already taken it in pharm school.

I would like to have transferred, but it was too much trouble and I'm not about to add another year on to the nine under my belt. Good luck. :luck:

Reactions: happyBuddha8

microbe hunter

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2004
Status
spacecowgirl said:
I had planned to do the same thing due to personal reasons, but it ended up being too difficult. I contacted the admissions departments of the schools I was interested in transferring to. One of the three wasn't taking any transfers at their main campus but I could have gone to their branch campus (Minnesota). The other (SDSU) said I would have to repeat my P2 year because the curriculum was too different. I realllllly didn't want to do that, one P2 year is one too many :laugh:

I would start by contacting the schools you want to transfer to in order to find out if they accept transfers at all as some do not. They can tell you what requirements you need to fulfill to transfer. One of the schools said I needed to take pre-pharm micro even though I had already taken it in pharm school.

I would like to have transferred, but it was too much trouble and I'm not about to add another year on to the nine under my belt. Good luck. :luck:

Thanks, Spacecowgirl, for your response and advice.

About the Ads

gablet

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2005
Status
microbe hunter said:
Are there any pharmacy schools that take transfer students? I am a P1 now at a pharmacy school and I'm looking to go elsewhere for P2 year...
I was born in Buffalo, not to mention, I am a Bills fan. So.. I've heard it all. Suicide in Buffalo is redundant, etc. :smuggrin:

That being said, if you find that transfering is impossible, give Buffalo a chance. It is only 3 1/2 more years. Like you said, the school is good. Also, I have much of my family living in Buffalo and they love it.

About the Ads