PA or Perfusion?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Galanm42690

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am just going to get to the point. I have over +8000 HCE as a pharmacy tech, Nuc Med tech, CT tech, and PET/CT. I have experience in the OR, Cardiology, Radiology, Pharmacy etc. I have my B.S. in Imaging Sciences as well as certs in Nuc Med, PET, CT, Pharmacy. My school history is the problem. I have some prior C's in a couple science courses (earth science, biology 1, Chem 2) and a couple other non science courses that I screwed up in early in my college career. However, my CUM and Science GPA are both 3.3, and my last 90+ hours have been ~3.8 while working full-time. I have about 20 hour shadowing experience of a perfusionist and heart surgeries. I have 40 hours shadowing an Ortho PA. Also, I am a volunteer at a children's hospital. Does anyone have a similar background that got into PA or Perfusion school? Does this seem competitive enough?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Your GPA is high enough to be considered and I think your HCE is pretty good. There is a lot of competition out there, but not a lot with nuc med/CT tech background. So, I think that makes you stand out from the typical STNA/MA/EMT applicants.

Reactions: 1 user
Your GPA is high enough to be considered and I think your HCE is pretty good. There is a lot of competition out there, but not a lot with nuc med/CT tech background. So, I think that makes you stand out from the typical STNA/MA/EMT applicants.

Thanks for the reply! I am hoping with my vast healthcare experience and a good GRE they may over look my low grades from early on in college.