PA school interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ekul

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i just got an email from a PA school asking me to come in for an interview... I was wondering if any of you could tell me what I should expect as far as questions go.

Members don't see this ad.

and also, I was asked by another school to send in supplemental applications. Part of that application is a 300-word essay explaining why I picked that specific school and how the school's mission statement relates to me. Can any of you, please, give me some tips as to what they really want to know?

The essay sounds pretty straightforward. Only you can answer that. I think the typical interview questions are about how much you know about the profession, the school, the program, etc. As well as your background and experience, and any red flags from your application. I've heard that some schools also ask some "what would you do if..." Type questions.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
I am planning on going to MD school eventually... But due to unfortunate events, I can't really afford it.

So how would going to PA school AND MD school be more affordable?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

my parents can't afford med school, but they can pay for PA school... a few years after i've started working as a PA i'll apply for med school and pay for it myself

my parents can't afford med school, but they can pay for PA school... a few years after i've started working as a PA i'll apply for med school and pay for it myself
If you are fortunate enough to have your parents pay for school, why not ask them to pay for the first 2 years of med school then take loans for the final 2 years--you will accrue less interest and won't have wasted a spot in PA school. Moreover, med school will be even more expensive by the time you plan to attend...just a thought.

Reactions: 1 user
If you are fortunate enough to have your parents pay for school, why not ask them to pay for the first 2 years of med school then take loans for the final 2 years--you will accrue less interest and won't have wasted a spot in PA school. Moreover, med school will be even more expensive by the time you plan to attend...just a thought.

My friend is right. It doesn't make fiscal sense nowadays to do this. When I went my whole bill was 8k for both years now I know of PAs in six figure debt. Even if your parents can't afford to pay for the tuition itself for two years anything will help(if they could pay for your living expenses that would be a biggie if tuition is not doable)

Gl