PA school questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm4312

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello
I posted this on another board on this site as well, but thought this would be more appropriate. I am midway through a Tier 1 pharmacy school and am considering changing career tracts to PA school for concerns of the pharmacist job market. I hold a BA in chemistry and also a BA in pharm sciences. My only health care experience is as a pharm tech (>2000 hours). I would like to complete PA school as quickly as possible.

Am I too late to begin thinking of applying for the next academic year? I have heard PA schools begin in the spring. Again, I am new to this, so thank you for bearing with me.

How long do PA schools run for?

Is it possible to use my BA's to get a MS in physician assistant?

Where is a good place to get a listing of schools, their requirements (specifically those I can apply to with my limited pt care experience), and tuitions?

Do I need to take the GRE for all schools?

Thank you.

Also, does this paid listing of PA schools (http://www.paeaonline.org/index.php?...entDir/pid/255) clearly state whether hands on pt care experience is required?

Members don't see this ad.