Pacific Alternate List - Class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wackiezackie82

My Idol
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've searched this but I haven't found anything for the current alternate list.

How many people out their are currently on the list?

Has anyone been taken off the list yet?

And... does anyone know how soon we could possibly hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

A new member searching before posting?!? How can this be?! My world view is shattered :p

Being a new member does not necessarily mean they are a n00ber. Also, I gave up my UoP spot. Someone should be getting in off of that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know who has gotten in off the alt-list yet, but I know that around May 15th, schools will start dropping people who have multiple deposits down at more than one school if the incoming student has not given a final decision to all the schools, so that would be a good time to start hearing about getting in off the alt-list

how do schools know how many deposits pre-dents have?

I don't know who has gotten in off the alt-list yet, but I know that around May 15th, schools will start dropping people who have multiple deposits down at more than one school if the incoming student has not given a final decision to all the schools, so that would be a good time to start hearing about getting in off the alt-list

They haven't even formed the alternate list yet, have they?

how do schools know how many deposits pre-dents have?

On that date each school is required to report a list of students holding seats to the ADA, who will then release the compiled list to every school in the nation.

Each individual school then has the option of dropping students holding seats at other schools.

To answer and clarify:

The alternate list is formed throughout the interview process. Pacific will often inform people that they are interviewing for a slot or interviewing for an alternate position. A lot of the February interviews were for alternate positions. I don't think Pacific gets back to you about whether, based on the interview, you are on the list, but I'm sure you can call and find out if you are on the alt list at this point.

And what armor said is correct except the date he forgot to mention was May 1st. On May 1st AADSAS or the ADEA or whatever organized dnetistry body does it, will find out from every school who has put down HOLD deposits at those schools. If a students has more than 1 HOLD deposit on May 1st, each school that student has a deposit at will be contacted and told that student John Smith has held positions at School X, School Y, and School Z. At that point, the school will contact the student and ask for a final decision within 2 weeks. If the student does not contact two schools to release their HOLD and commit to one school, the schools have the option on May 15th or so to drop that student from their roster of incoming students and select another student off the wait list.

They haven't even formed the alternate list yet, have they?

The alternate list is formed as the interview process goes. I have a few friends that were called and told they were on it.

Thanks for all the feedback so far...

:luck: Crossing my fingers until May15th!!! :luck:

The alternate list is formed as the interview process goes. I have a few friends that were called and told they were on it.

Received that call too :D .. but they haven't ranked us yet.. UoP would be a dream come true..:love:

THanks! I'm too nervous, can't even to go to sleep :D n i like it

By and by, Pacific did mention at the interview that if selected as an alternate, but not given a seat for this year, you are given admission for the following year if you are still interested.

Comments? Enlightenments?

Members don't see this ad :)
They've ranked the alternate list!! I hope that means we'll hear from them soon. It would be the greatest news ever to get into Pacific. :banana:

Do you know where you are on the alternate list? I am on it too, but I haven't called to ask what "quartile" I'm in...:D

wackiezackie82, did the admissions office tell you that the list has been ranked?

I called them today(24th) and they said it hasn't been. But I hadn't sent in my alternate list deposit yet, so I guess I wasn't suppose to be told it's been ranked :confused: :confused:

Arashi83: It seems I've made it into the 1st Quartile! Have you found out yet? :)

Eid: Yeah, I think so far it's based on just those people who've sent in their deposit for the alternate list already.

Hey congrats wackiezackie and good luck, I'm callin' tommorrow after class...keepin' my fingers crossed. :D

Called UoP today, but no love, 2nd quartile... The lady said they probably won't make it through the first.:(

Arashi don't lose hope yet, she said "probably" and that's not a guarantee. Maybe some people in the first quartile will end up giving up their spots because they got into another school in the meantime. ;)

First off, thanks wackizackie for the words of encouragment.

Second, so I'm dead asleep this morning, and my phone rings. I look at the caller ID and who is it...UoP. Ha ha! It was Janelle and she's like: Your actually in the first quartile!!

Praise Jesus!! Hallelujah!!:D

That's great news Arashi!!! Hopefully we'll all hear back soon. :luck:

First off, thanks wackizackie for the words of encouragment.

Second, so I'm dead asleep this morning, and my phone rings. I look at the caller ID and who is it...UoP. Ha ha! It was Janelle and she's like: Your actually in the first quartile!!

Praise Jesus!! Hallelujah!!:D

I have my fingers crossed~